Vette downed

iflyagfour

Established Member
I was cruising out in my Roush the other day since the weather was nice doing some shopping for Christmas. The car puts down 476rwhp on 10psi. Well Mr. Saturday Vette driver pulls in front of me to be first at the light. Light goes green and of course I knew he would punch it so did I. Stayed on his tail with no traction and pulled up to the next light. He hung back, light went green and he acted like he didnt want to go but then he layed into it as he was passing me. Again, I pass him with the ass kicking out in second and he got out of it pretty quick. Anyway, long story short, first Vette I have run in the Roush, I think it was a later model, 06+ but anyway, here is to you Mr. Douchebagyellowvette Driver Guy...:beer:

(No way intended to offend other vette guys, this guy was just a tool)

Quik Z06

Established Member
Nice kill :beer: I always think it's funny when guy's will run you, but then when they see your faster they try to act like they dont race or try to pull a ricer flyby.

Hissssss

Fox body lover
Established Member
Mr. Saturday Vette driver

here is to you Mr. Douchebagyellowvette Driver Guy...
:lol: :lol:

Classic....these are the guys that are soooo fun to smash while out and about, they just don't know what to think...:cryying:

Looks like he will be asking Santa (aka Moma) for some mods for Christmas..
Good kill BTW.

iflyagfour

Established Member
Still have to respect the guy. The car is fast and I dont think he was expecting what happened. I just really need to upgrade the rubber on the car.

ColeTrain'sC5

Corvette Fan:)
Established Member
good kill. I do the same beat down on 90% of the mustangs that play with me around here:D No offense intended. My buddies '03 Cobra i haven't even got to race yet:( I don't think he'll race me until he gets more mods. Which is fine because i'm doing more as well;) I still would like to have a Terminator in my driveway;)

Last edited:

415ZR1

Established Member
You have to understand that most of these guys haven't raced a dozen times in their lives.
So when they do race someone they act so retarded. Not only in driving skill but how they react to getting spanked by another car.
Since the Corvette is a very popular middle age crises car then I would say these people gravitate towards the model.
I too have fun taking them out and I am an old fart. Only difference I have been racing for the past 30 years. :)
Most of you guys will come over to the dark side one day. :)
Good Kill

I was cruising out in my Roush the other day since the weather was nice doing some shopping for Christmas. The car puts down 476rwhp on 10psi. Well Mr. Saturday Vette driver pulls in front of me to be first at the light. Light goes green and of course I knew he would punch it so did I. Stayed on his tail with no traction and pulled up to the next light. He hung back, light went green and he acted like he didnt want to go but then he layed into it as he was passing me. Again, I pass him with the ass kicking out in second and he got out of it pretty quick. Anyway, long story short, first Vette I have run in the Roush, I think it was a later model, 06+ but anyway, here is to you Mr. Douchebagyellowvette Driver Guy...:beer:

(No way intended to offend other vette guys, this guy was just a tool)

64T-bolt

Fist Fornicator
Established Member
i like "corvette guy" as Jim Rome would say. . that pulls into a carshow with CB antennas on his base model C5 vette like he's some kind of "upper crust" gucci dude. Last summer, one parked by me and i played stump the dummy with him about his own car and im a ford guy. . he knew very little about this car that was his supposed obsession. Only thing worse than poser "corvette guy" is PT cruiser dude. . .

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
Must be nice to hang with vettes like that. If they hit it before i do, i get walked :(

On a lighter note, the ones around here are pretty much stock. Lord help me if they are modded.

bunk22

Established Member
You have to understand that most of these guys haven't raced a dozen times in their lives.
So when they do race someone they act so retarded. Not only in driving skill but how they react to getting spanked by another car.
Since the Corvette is a very popular middle age crises car then I would say these people gravitate towards the model.
I too have fun taking them out and I am an old fart. Only difference I have been racing for the past 30 years. :)
Most of you guys will come over to the dark side one day. :)
Good Kill

I have to agree. From what I've experienced as a Vette guy is most of them like to quote Car and Driver and can magazine race with the best of em. Try a search at CF and see how many 0-60 threads there are. There are many times posted for the 1/8 and 1/4 mile but it seems to be in the minority. I've got over 250 passes at various tracks in my C6 and can count on both hands the number of C5/C6's I've seen.

Last edited:

ColeTrain'sC5

Corvette Fan:)
Established Member
If you post anything about street racing in the CorvetteForums you get banned so the ones that DO race don't talk about it. Vette's, like Cobra's are a IRS car and not meant for the track really. They are capable but they SHINE when on a road course. Wait 'til the day you run into a Vette driver that mods AND races:D

Users who are viewing this thread