vette killer

hotrodstang

Established Member
Finally got to run a couple of vettes with my GT 500- whipple equipped 710 RWHP last night. There were 5 or 6 Z-o6's and 1 c-5 built motor with a cent. blower claiming 650 RWHP. Ran him twice and beat him twice ! Close race 1-2 car lengths. The Z-o6,s were no problem. I cound give them the leave and 2 shifts and drive by em ! We were going from a 4o mph roll and I have DR,s so wheelspin was not a issue. The instant torque from the whipple was too much for them.They were not happy! and I am not bashing vettes as they are great cars and at least these guys would go out and run. Sorry no vids we tried but couldn't coordinate it, maybe next time!!!!:rockon:

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
Very nice. What year Z06s?

Even a supercharged Vette can't keep up. I'm thinking that twin-screw GT500s will own the streets in a couple of years. People won't be talking about stroked H/C LSXs, they'll be talking about modded GT500s.

GTO30272

Established Member
93 347 Cobra said:
Very nice. What year Z06s?

Even a supercharged Vette can't keep up. I'm thinking that twin-screw GT500s will own the streets in a couple of years. People won't be talking about stroked H/C LSXs, they'll be talking about modded GT500s.

Not every S/C Vette ONLY puts down 650whp. That is on the VERY light side, especially for a built bottom end, considering stock bottom end cars put down 600whp without a problem. 800whp is not all that difficult these days.

To the OP, sounds like there were some good races and you have one hell of a car. Congrats on the kills :beer:

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
GTO30272 said:
Not every S/C Vette ONLY puts down 650whp. That is on the VERY light side, especially for a built bottom end, considering stock bottom end cars put down 600whp without a problem. 800whp is not all that difficult these days.

To the OP, sounds like there were some good races and you have one hell of a car. Congrats on the kills :beer:

Nice rides!:rockon:

Nuke61

Smoke 'em if you got 'em
Established Member
Good kills... I'm surprised you guys could find any area in the SD area to do roll runs.

Fox Fan

Average guy
Established Member
I want to know more about what it took you to make 700 rwhp. What size whipple, what boost, what modifications to the shortblock if any. What type of fuel were you running?

My turboed 331 project is aimed at making those numbers on pump gas. That's about the same displacement as your 5.4 (330ci). I wonder if your whipple is more efficient than my turbo. Please give me a little more info about your combo.

Thanks,

Chris

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
Ya, I Was There Last Nite... I Did'nt See The Race, But I Saw You Guys Pull Back In And I Knew You Guys Went For A Few Runs. The Guy In The Vette Claiming 650rwhp Started Makin Excuses About Missin A Shift And Goin From 2nd Gear To 5th Gear. I Knew Right Then That He Got Beat And I Just Walked Away. Major Props To Fatchile On A Very Fast Mustang (gt500).

P.s. I Really Don't Like Vette Guys.

C6 Z06

Established Member
03MUSCLE said:
Ya, I Was There Last Nite... I Did'nt See The Race, But I Saw You Guys Pull Back In And I Knew You Guys Went For A Few Runs. The Guy In The Vette Claiming 650rwhp Started Makin Excuses About Missin A Shift And Goin From 2nd Gear To 5th Gear. I Knew Right Then That He Got Beat And I Just Walked Away. Major Props To Fatchile On A Very Fast Mustang (gt500).

P.s. I Really Don't Like Vette Guys.

Want to race big boy!!:p :lol1:

C6 Z06

Established Member
03MUSCLE said:
May Be You Should Pick On Cars Your Own Size.:nonono:

Ha Ha, true that brother. Nobody wants to run me in my area anymore. The last good race I had was C6Z against C6Z where I got to kill my own wife (she drove the stock one) :-D

Crossss

Mad Torque Inc.
Established Member
Nuke61 said:
Good kills... I'm surprised you guys could find any area in the SD area to do roll runs.
There was a part of the story left out that included crashing the vette owners monthly meeting :)

Users who are viewing this thread