Vette owners never change.

Captain Beyond

Established Member
Yellow Horse said:
We all know what the 03/04 Cobra did to the F-Bodies on their way out the door. On his comment about the GT, I doubt there were C6Z specs out when Ford was designing the GT. I bet over 90% of C6Z owners would trade their Z in a heartbeat for a GT. The GT may cost more but it beats the Z and it gives Ford the title of performance king of the domestics. In muscle car ranks, 03 up CObras are king and are not chasing anybody.

+1 :thumbsup:

:beer:

Fenah

Crazy Greek Man
Established Member
Their just jealous! :rollseyes

They need to show respect to where its due. We show respect towards their Z06's because they are bad ass cars, but when it comes to the Gt500 all of a sudden its a failure from Ford wtf? Gt500's are Kick ass bang for the buck cars, and should be respected, its not the greatest car in the world but hey ? :shrug:

Last edited:

RDSZ

600+HP
Established Member
Purvis said:
Its very disheartening to see Mustangs owners ragging on Vette owners. And Vette owners ragging on Mustang owners..
Corvettes and Mustangs both represent American performance. Why try and pick apart the other?.. Why not go after the imports instead? :shrug:

Very well put. We all know the vette is a better car but why trash talk the Shelby or any other car.

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
I think the issue is that a Shelby GT500 is a refined muscle car. The viper and the C6Z06 are sports cars almost at supercar level performance. To compare the GT500 to those 2 cars is comparing apples to oranges. I like the Shelby GT500 and what they have done at the drags already is very impressive with minor mods, but stock for stock a C6ZO6 and maybe even the Viper will be in a whole other class entirely against the Shelby GT500 on an open course where braking, weight, power and balance are the true thresholds of performance. The Shelby if had for $45k is a bargain for what you are getting in the package and history that comes along with it, but in OVERALL performance if you take Shelby GT500s which are going for $70-$80k with dealer mark-ups (which is the same price as some new C6ZO6s can be had for) the C6ZO6 wins hands down. Enthusiasts look for different things in different cars. All 3 cars are badass in their own respect and I wouldn't mind having one of each, but I would first pick the C6ZO6 b/c overall it just performs in every category.

Again I am talking stock or stock and this is just my opinion.

racebronco2

Established Member
Even though it is true that all brands have their share of dickheads i was told by a vette owner (husband and wife have at least 5 that i know ) that most of their vette friends are snobs and they don't dare mention the " f " word. "F" word as in spec ffr cobra.

bunk22

Established Member
It's going to be tough for some of my brethren in the Vette camp now. The new R&T has a head to head comparison of the C6Z, C6 Z51, GT500 and Mustang GT. The GT500 is ever so slightly quicker than the C6 Z51.....well, both ran a 12.8 but the GT500 was about 1 mph quicker and faster by .1 to 120. Some of those Vette guys live and die by those magazine numbers. It's going to crush some......at least those who only bench race.

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
racebronco2 said:
Even though it is true that all brands have their share of dickheads i was told by a vette owner (husband and wife have at least 5 that i know ) that most of their vette friends are snobs and they don't dare mention the " f " word. "F" word as in spec ffr cobra.

Totally ridiculous. This is exactly what I am talking about.. Very disheartening.
:(

The thing I find funny (in an ironic sense) about this, is Ford isnt even the main competition with Chevy or GM anymore.. You still have all these old cogers, that are about 20 years behind the automotive curve, that still think its cool to be hating on the other domestic brands.

Meanwhile, the Japanse automakers are DESTROYING both brands more and more every month.:rollseyes You really think GM is worried about what Ford is doing right now? :rollseyes

The CEOs of both Chrysler, GM and Ford were all at the white house about 2 weeks ago, together as a group, talking with the President.. Do you think they were all there bickering with one another over whether the Corvette, Viper or Ford Mustang was the best overall American performance car? :rollseyes
In actuality, they were all there talking about the unlevel playing field the superficially inlfated yen is having on the autoindustry, and how they cannot be profitable because of the Japanese competition, and the current trend in american comsumer buying.

The "Big" three are not all that big anymore. GM has seriously downsized over the past 2 years, and still is not proftable. Ford is not proftable, and seems to be heading in the wrong direction lately with no products that are "hits" other than the Mustang (which is nowhere near enough to support them. Trucks, the bread and butter of the American companies, is starting to see serious competition. And the only profitable American company, Diamler Chrysler, is half owned by Mercedes, and is now starting to show signs of weakening sales against Toyota, Honda, and Nissan.

Meanwhile some of you continue to ramble on about how Vettes and their owners suck, GMs suck. Chryslers suck, Hemis sucks, Ford sucks.. etc..

Hello?
Some of you need to seriously get your head out of the sand and realize its not about which domestic brand anymore.. You have a favorite.. fine.. But there is no reason why you cant at least show some respect for the other few remaining American performance leaders.

Last edited:

Devil Dog

TOYZ, yeah I got some.
Established Member
bunk22 said:
It's going to be tough for some of my brethren in the Vette camp now. The new R&T has a head to head comparison of the C6Z, C6 Z51, GT500 and Mustang GT. The GT500 is ever so slightly quicker than the C6 Z51.....well, both ran a 12.8 but the GT500 was about 1 mph quicker and faster by .1 to 120. Some of those Vette guys live and die by those magazine numbers. It's going to crush some......at least those who only bench race.
Naw, it won't bother Vette owners at all, the further those cars run the vette is gonna start walking.

2-slow

Say what?
Established Member
Devil Dog said:
Naw, it won't bother Vette owners at all, the further those cars run the vette is gonna start walking.
I would hope so, it's like a race between a bullet and a brick!

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
Purvis said:
Totally ridiculous. This is exactly what I am talking about.. Very disheartening.
:(

The thing I find funny (in an ironic sense) about this, is Ford isnt even the main competition with Chevy or GM anymore.. You still have all these old cogers, that are about 20 years behind the automotive curve, that still think its cool to be hating on the other domestic brands.

Meanwhile, the Japanse automakers are DESTROYING both brands more and more every month.:rollseyes You really think GM is worried about what Ford is doing right now? :rollseyes

The CEOs of both Chrysler, GM and Ford were all at the white house about 2 weeks ago, together as a group, talking with the President.. Do you think they were all there bickering with one another over whether the Corvette, Viper or Ford Mustang was the best overall American performance car? :rollseyes
In actuality, they were all there talking about the unlevel playing field the superficially inlfated yen is having on the autoindustry, and how they cannot be profitable because of the Japanese competition, and the current trend in american comsumer buying.

The "Big" three are not all that big anymore. GM has seriously downsized over the past 2 years, and still is not proftable. Ford is not proftable, and seems to be heading in the wrong direction lately with no products that are "hits" other than the Mustang (which is nowhere near enough to support them. Trucks, the bread and butter of the American companies, is starting to see serious competition. And the only profitable American company, Diamler Chrysler, is half owned by Mercedes, and is now starting to show signs of weakening sales against Toyota, Honda, and Nissan.

Meanwhile some of you continue to ramble on about how Vettes and their owners suck, GMs suck. Chryslers suck, Hemis sucks, Ford sucks.. etc..

Hello?
Some of you need to seriously get your head out of the sand and realize its not about which domestic brand anymore.. You have a favorite.. fine.. But there is no reason why you cant at least show some respect for the other few remaining American performance leaders.
you come up with that all on your own? come on dude, its not like we dont hear it every single day from TV, or read it in every magazine on the shelf. we dont need you to preach it to us even more(well, i dont atleast).

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Ry_Trapp0 said:
you come up with that all on your own? come on dude, its not like we dont hear it every single day from TV, or read it in every magazine on the shelf. we dont need you to preach it to us even more(well, i dont atleast).

Personally I don't think there is any problem defending the American Auto Industry!? :idea: They need our help. It's good for our economy and who want's to drive around in Rice Burners! :read:

;-) :lol: :p

chuckstang

Established Member
but bruce dont you want 100 miles to the gallon and 150 hp engines , because they are sooo light and handle great hahahha
JK

Users who are viewing this thread