Vette vs Bike (the one from the canyon vid)

fbody83

Z06 to Raped Ape
Established Member
Wow that thing pulls top end. Sound like he threw it into 6th gear towards the end and was still pulling. Wow 185mph!! I wonder if he has gears. If he put 4.10's in or something 6th would do a lot more and he would easily do 200+

Last edited:

svtguy22

Established Member
that is a small part of a HUGE vid that was here. i have it on my computer. that vette ran against like 4 different bikes and it is supercharged.

Blk_C5_FRC

Established Member
Originally posted by fbody83
Wow that thing pulls top end. Sound like he threw it into 6th gear towards the end and was still pulling. Wow 185mph!! I wonder if he has gears. If he put 4.10's in or something 6th would do a lot more and he would easily do 200+

Actually, I think that was 5th he shifted into...

SinisterX

Makin ALL KINDS of gains
Established Member
Cars waste so much time shifting compaired to bkes.
I bet if he felt like abusing his tranny the bike would have never got that far ahead at first.

fbody83

Z06 to Raped Ape
Established Member
Originally posted by Blk_C5_FRC
Actually, I think that was 5th he shifted into...
\

No way was that fifth, he stayed in it for about 3 secs then said he went 185mph. That would mean 4th tops out at 175? Its def 6th.

It would also mean that he started in 1st, and there is no way a 750hp corvette is gonna hook that well through 1st and 2nd gear and 1st would have been much shorter if it was first. ;-)

Last edited:

Blk_C5_FRC

Established Member
Originally posted by fbody83
\

No way was that fifth, he stayed in it for about 3 secs then said he went 185mph. That would mean 4th tops out at 175? Its def 6th.

It would also mean that he started in 1st, and there is no way a 750hp corvette is gonna hook that well through 1st and 2nd gear and 1st would have been much shorter if it was first. ;-)

I will have to ask him what gears he has. I thought he only shifted three times (as in 2/3, 3/4, 4/5).. Stock coupes are known to go 170-175 in decent air. Unless he has 3.73/3.90 he should top out well above that.. If he shifted into 6th maybe it was still pullin and he shut it down (implying he has 4.10's).

xPitch Blackx

Banned
If Im not mistaken, thats the same vette that smoked the shit out of a new Ferrari 360 Spyder on the highway some time ago. Sounded like a ****ing BEAST!

Rudy

Twin screwed
Established Member
Originally posted by Blk_C5_FRC
I will have to ask him what gears he has. I thought he only shifted three times (as in 2/3, 3/4, 4/5).. Stock coupes are known to go 170-175 in decent air. Unless he has 3.73/3.90 he should top out well above that.. If he shifted into 6th maybe it was still pullin and he shut it down (implying he has 4.10's).

watch the video again and pay attention how many times he shifted(5X) meaning the car is in 6th gear. the video started when he was in first gear and shifter 5X.

Users who are viewing this thread