Vette VS Cobra....help

HaulinBuggy

Established Member
Well guys...I am almost ashamed to admit it but I have been sitting on the fence for a while now trying to decide whether to get rid of the Cobra.
For many reasons which I wll not list here I am pretty much fed up with the Ford dealers around here (or anywhere I have been stationed for that matter) which is fueling the desire to switch brands.

I was hoping to get a little insight from other Cobra owners who have traded for the Vette, or from a Vette to a Cobra.
What are some of your opinions on the differences? What do you miss? What do you like better?

Just trying to catch a glimpse of that 20/20 hindsight.

bunk22

Established Member
I went from an 03 Cobra with exhaust, ported Steig blower, 2.8 pulley, CAI, tune. It was a beast no doubt. Back in 05, I had just returned from deployment and happened upon a GM drive day at Qualcomm Stadium. GM had every car available, including the new C6. I got to take it for a spin around a small track and was hooked. My powerful Cobra became boring from that point on. Granted it would blow away a stock C6 in a straight line but beyond that, comfort, handling, braking, looks (subjective of course), the C6 had it all. Ended up with a new C6 (Z51 option) and my Cobra was bought by a member on this site. I do miss the instant torque hit the Cobra offered though. That and the ease/cheapness of modifying the car to go fast. Probably why I've added headers and tune to the C6. Some SLP 1.85 rockers and UD crank pulley will the next and last mods for a while (keeping the internals stock for at least a few years). My C6 will mirror the SLP ZL465 but it costs a pretty penny. Definitely a bit more than modifying a Cobra for the same power output.

Last edited:

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I love my Cobra and it fits my budget. My most so far fun was catching a new Z06 at Sebring this past April. Not sure that would ever happen again but that day it was fun! If I could afford the car I wanted it would be neither a Ford (sort of) or GM. Saleen S7 or the Mercedes McClaren SLR.
I'm not sure GM dealers are any better. What problems are they giving you? If it is warranty work with mods don't expect any dealer of any brand to be very helpful.

HaulinBuggy

Established Member
Bunk,
Thanks for the insight. Don't get me wrong folks. I absolutely love my Cobra. I've been a Stang owner since the SVO days. As far as warranty work goes, I've only had a few minor problems in that department-easily solved by calm cool-headed discussion with the service managers.

I know there are more of you on here that have gone to the dark side (so to speak) ;-)

Not really looking for the fastest car on the streets, I just want something a little more... refined is the only word that comes to mind. Still want a sports car though.

A wise man once told me "Speed is a question of money. How fast do you want to go?$$$"

I don't really want to get into a debate on which car is quicker. I am looking for the total package.

Users who are viewing this thread