vibration as speeds increase past 70mph

tpxomaha24

Ford tech
Established Member
Hey guys so I have this vibration that comes in around 70 mph and gets worse the faster I go. I have a solid axle swap with qa1 coil overs all around. The vibration was present with the irs as well. I've had the driveshaft rebalanced I had my tires rebalanced, in the rear the tire size is 17/35/305 stock in the front. Any other idea's what it may be? Pinion angle? Bent rim? Clutch? It's really anoying. Thanks guys!

Blueline

Established Member
Where are you feeling the vibration? Steering wheel? In your butt while your driving? In the shifter?

sideways03

LS What?
Established Member
I have a similar issue. I feel it mostly in the seat and center console. The rear view mirror vibrates a lot too.

I do see a few wheel weight stickers that look like the weights fell off, so that may be it. But is there anything else I can check?

ScottsdaleSnake

Silver Bullet
Established Member
I have a similar issue. I feel it mostly in the seat and center console. The rear view mirror vibrates a lot too.

I do see a few wheel weight stickers that look like the weights fell off, so that may be it. But is there anything else I can check?

They normally remove the old weights, rebalance, then add new weights when you have your wheels rebalanced from either a flat tire fix or new tires installed. The vibration you're describing is probably not due to wheel balancing...I had a bad vibration at higher speeds (like 100+) and found out it was due to worn out clutch parts, .i.e. TOB, clutch disc, etc. After I replaced everything, vibration was gone. Keep us posted of your findings.

sideways03

LS What?
Established Member
They normally remove the old weights, rebalance, then add new weights when you have your wheels rebalanced from either a flat tire fix or new tires installed. The vibration you're describing is probably not due to wheel balancing...I had a bad vibration at higher speeds (like 100+) and found out it was due to worn out clutch parts, .i.e. TOB, clutch disc, etc. After I replaced everything, vibration was gone. Keep us posted of your findings.

I just had my clutch,fw,tob,pb,clutch fork, all replaced. Rear was rebuilt, new ring/pinion, seals, bearings throughout.

I do hear a rotational clunk when coming to a stop that is speed dependent. I've thought it was either the diff, u-joints, or something in the trans. Definitely sounds like it comes from more of the rear though. Checked all u-joints, shop said diff looked fine, and I even call Eaton and they said that noise is normal for a Tru Trac.

Any other ideas? I'm thinking of just replacing the u-joints just to see, even though these ones move freely.

Users who are viewing this thread