Vibration during disengage ? Clutch?

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
Driving my car normal all the sudden I have a very noticeable vibration/slip (also hear a rattle) when letting out on the clutch. Will shift into gears no problem once in gear and rolling cars seems fine? Never had and ounce of burnt clutch smell or anything out of the car.

Trying to properly diagnose, thoughts?

Last edited:

F.D.Sako

Established Member
Failed clutch disc maybe?

Here's mine after 22k miles and a handful of track events. My failure didn't allow full engagement, so I had a hard time shifting in addition to the symptoms you mentioned.

IMAG0527Copy_zps8e1e190a.jpg

nissenc1337

Established Member
do you feel the vibration or hear it? Where you feel it is important too.

My car backs a wonky/farty/vibrating noise around 4200 RPM when engaging the clutch and it turned out to be the material in my cats was coming apart and what I heard was the material rattling. New cats and problem solved.

Ill_W1N

Established Member
Maybe you just glazed it pretty good. Drive it and see if it gets better. Mine used to do that after I raced it. Then anytime I shifted hard it would do it. Normal driving it would eventually go away but then it got to the point it always did it. My pressure plate had a bunch of hotspots all over it when I took it out. I haven't heard good things about Exedy but I Have RXT now and i can abuse this clutch however I want and it shifts the same everytime.

SCalla1384

Established Member
I notice it too ... Same thing. on a Rxt and lightened steel flywheel. I figured maybe harmonics through the lighter flywheel or maybe the input shaft rattles a little?

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
well, did some testing tonight, it seems fine until it warms up then I start to get the vibration again, did various load WOT hits. Seems fine until about 6k then appears to slip. I assume the clutch is upset with all the 7800 rpm shifts? Do I have any shot of getting this warrantied? I bought extended and maintenance pkg??(granted I realize this will likely just happen again) Shrug? Exedy is bad? Spec any better ? I'm not sold on Twin Disk clutches, the car isn't really setup to be a 1/4 mile car, track is too far away, so I don't need something that'll withstand 6k dumps. I need something that'll handle 550 WHP and 8k rpm ?

Thoughts ?

SCalla- You're saying you have this issue with a RXT?

Last edited:

Ill_W1N

Established Member
My exact problems with mine. The rxt is fine for a dd. even tho i dont dd it, i love mine and its lighter than stock pedal feel.

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
**UPDATE**

Took car to the dealer, was asked if I wanted to take the service manager for a ride. I said no, as I was absolutely certain that he would notice it immediately. Dropped it off at 9:00 AM Got a call at 5:00 PM saying they were unable to replicate the issue. Everyone has been more than helpful and very nice, after advising that It was noticeable especially after a few minutes of driving, they kept the car another day, which was completely ok with me as I just want the issue resolved regardless of how long it takes, I get a call this morning, after a 20 minute drive of mixed driving hwy/stop and go, still unable to replicate the issue.

So I head there afterwork, to drive the Service manager low and behold the car is driving perfect, no issue whats so ever. He was very nice and understanding I'd explained to him that I've modded the car and done all ford racing parts etc.. I said the car hasn't been subjected to burnouts/donuts, he said "Well, hell they do a burnout on the commercial not much we will say about that, if you have any issues we'll take care of you."

I'm overly thankful and certainly appreciative of their helpfulness. However, I'm blown away that nothing has supposedly been done to the car, there was an obvious vibration, slip issue. The fact it took all day to tell me they couldn't replicate the issue does leave me curious. Does this add up to anyone else ??

Users who are viewing this thread