Vibration in Clutch Pedal....PLEASE help

Matt M PA

Established Member
Okay guys...need some direction.

My TOB was shot at about 35,000 miles. When the tech and I discussed replacement (my garage is not built yet) he recommended a new clutch, pressure plate, TOB all at the same time. Made sense to me.

When the trans was pulled, it was noticed that the TOB was indeed shot...and the clutch fork was missing a finger.

Clutch, pressure plate, fork and TOB went in. Flywheel was somehow checked and surfaced...determined to be fine.

Serious vibration in the clutch pedal. Trans was dropped again, and now it is found that the front half (bellhousing) has been redesigned to correct a weakness that causes the shaft the TOB rides on to break and allow the TOB to move crooked with the pedal is depressed. So, the new part of the trans is installed.

Vibration better, but still there. We installed a Steeda adjustable cable, and Steeda double hook quadrant.

Better...but not 100%. I noticed some play between what I call the "pin" and the part of the quadrant it resides in. We put some O rings on the pin, which has helped a little.

But...still is there. The vibration is only at the very top of the pedal. If you lightly rest your foot on the pedal...it stops. I'm not sure if the cable needs more adjustment, if the vibration is in the pedal itself, etc???

jking32

Established Member
But...still is there. The vibration is only at the very top of the pedal. If you lightly rest your foot on the pedal...it stops. I'm not sure if the cable needs more adjustment, if the vibration is in the pedal itself, etc???

Mine does the same thing. It did not do it with the stock clutch, but started after I installed the Centerforce DF clutch. I have adjusted the clutch it made no difference.

Black Sex

Established Member
mine does the same thing. i just put in a centerforce dual friction. if i remember correctly i think my 98 cobra did it when i put the dual friction clutch in that. i dont know if its normal but it dont bother me too much since i dont rest my foot on the clutch pedal

BLKXTC

Established Member
Mine too right after my Ram Df install but doesn't bother me.:shrug:

Helomech74

Established Member
Sounds like the TOB is skipping across the fingers on the pressure plate. This will cause a vibration in the pedal when it's not depressed. Only way to correct it is to properly adjust the clutch cable.

To the OP, what is this redesigned bellhousing piece you are talking about?? Is it something that came from Tremec?

Black Sex

Established Member
Throw that adjustable cable in that trash and put a stocker back on. Your pressure plate wasn't torqued down properly, thats why your clutch pedal is rattling. I speak from experiance on this one.

i torqued mine down

Helomech74

Established Member
Yeah, the pressure plate needs to be tq'd down in steps using a criss cross pattern. This evenly seats the pressure plate and prevents the fingers from getting warped.

Users who are viewing this thread