vibration in engine problem?

vetteterminator

Established Member
:mj: So a friend of mine has a Bullet with a stocked and punched block to a 5.0. He has replaced the heads and had the block and lower end all done by DSS and has replaced all motor mounts trans mounts as well as clutch and drive shaft. This thing has a real solid vibration in it after 2,500 rpm. My guess is that it is not balanced. He replaced the harmonic balancer but, I wonder if it is the right weight. WTF any one wanna take a stab at this one?

You sure you guys are troubleshooting in the right area of the drivetrain? How are you guys convinced the vibe is from the motor itself?

vetteterminator

Established Member
I have sat in the thing and listened to it and felt it in the engine and the trans all the way up through the shifter. It is a very solid not a wobbling vibration like I said I think it is the harmonic balancer as I am not sure that it is the correct weight for the rotating assembly.

MaximumVelocity

Mod motor convert
Established Member
Does it shake running the car @ 2500rpm in neutral? That = motor or clutch assembly

If it only shakes in gear, moving = driveshaft/ drivetrain

vetteterminator

Established Member
motor or clutch? what should we look for? if the car goes in and out of gear right and drives fine but, the problem is still there then it must be the engine. And if so than than I think it is the harmonic balancer. It might be for a regular non stoked ass. what do you think?

Users who are viewing this thread