Vibration on take offs

Hi-Hat

Established Member
Every since my '00R Spec T56 swap (with Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch) I get a vibration on my take offs from a stop. Its the kind of feeling one would get when you wouldn't give the car enough gas while slipping the clutch or as if you took off in 2nd gear without reving it up enough.

Its almost like I have clutch chatter but without the sound of the chattering noise.

Any solution to why this might happen? My tuner said that its because I had the stock clutch quadrant but I recently just changed mine to a UPR 3 hook and it still does it.

Hi-Hat

Established Member
Thanks for reviving this thread.

For what its worth high RPM take offs feel awesome and actually much smoother than normal take offs. Its almost like the car wants me to drive it harder.

On normal take offs I still feel a little bit of chatter but I'm just going to hope it due to the clutch being new.

mec03svt

SomethingVeryTechnical
Established Member
Thanks for reviving this thread.

For what its worth high RPM take offs feel awesome and actually much smoother than normal take offs. Its almost like the car wants me to drive it harder.

On normal take offs I still feel a little bit of chatter but I'm just going to hope it due to the clutch being new.

oh without a doubt. any high performance clutch will tend to do that usually. i only have a spec 2 and i almost refused to drive the car it was so rough at first. now its a little better but still chatters. they need to be feathered right. it'll break in eventually. mine only has about 4k miles and its just really starting to smooth out.

also the car came with the centerforce dual friction and that was the first thing to go. idk why i hated it so much. maybe its because the monkeys who put it in there before me seemed like they did it in the dark..

Last edited:

frankt99cobra

whoha
Established Member
BREAK IN THE CLUTCH , if you do high rpm dumps without proper break in you could F up your clutch, here is a quick break in method, after drive a few miles and warming the car up go out on the highway in 5th gear slip the clutch at higher RPMs in and out worked great for mine

Users who are viewing this thread