Vibration/Shudder From Rear End

Justin07

Established Member
I noticed this only happens from a dead stop when i start making a turn slowly, feels like i get a vibration or shudder coming from the back. Doesn't happen while i'm already moving while making a turn only from a dead stop. Its not every time either , but most of the time.. Think the trak loc is messed up? any ideas?
thanks,

Justin

bmfgsxr

Established Member
i think its normal.. the wheels are turning at the same speed, but because you are turning they wouldnt normally need to turn at the same speed. not sure if that makes sense or not, but im pretty sure its normal..

Justin07

Established Member
Oh ok, i was wondering if it was just something these trucks did or what because i've never felt it in other t-lok cars i own. So i'm guessing otheres have noticed this with their trucks?

bonehead

F**k SRT10's
Established Member
i havent. if you wanna try something quick and easy, change the oil and make sure you add the correct amount of limited slip additive. i have heard this symptom when people change their rear end oil and forget to add the additive. hope that helps dude.

bmfgsxr

Established Member
in my truck, if im making a tight turn from either a dead stop or very slow i get a slightly weird feeling (vibrations) too. my truck has done it since i got it and it was a virgin with 9000 miles on it.. i asked about this a long time ago and was told it was normal.. now, if its doing it excessively then that might be something different. if its just mild then i imagine it may be what i was told was normal.

Justin07

Established Member
I noticed it when i first got the truck 3 months ago but it didnt happen very much. Just seems like it's happening a little more often lately.
I'm going to be changing the diff oil whenever it stops raining, so i'll have a look inside and put some fresh oil in with the additive.

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
It sounds like the clutches in the rear end. Pretty common. Not that bad of a repair just expensive fluid.

Like boner said if you install a True Trac you'd never have to worry about it again.

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
You can't look at them and see that they are bad. You'd pretty much have to tear it down and pull out the side gears to look at them.

If you turn the wheel and it chuggs or feels like it binds during turns it's more than likely is the clutches.

Again, just my $0.02

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread