Vid 2.9 whipple vs gsxr 600

callmedoc

Boosted Meth Addict
Established Member
As in the ZL1 thread....600's can't keep up with fast cars after 120+. 750's (esp the GSX-R) are a different story.

I will always remember my first 600 kill (Yamaha R6)...ripping by some guy on a bike, ducked down full throttle at 120 mph + is such a rush.

Nice kill man :rockon:

Stinger2011

Established Member
Good kill. Racing a bike is fun as hell.

Ive raced my buddy a few times on his gsxr 750. I'll stick with him from 0-55. Then he leaves me like I'm standing still.

sdg97232

Established Member
To bad you arn't closer I got a 750 you could try! Although I pulled pretty easily on my buddies 2.9 whippled 03. Nice kill man newer 600's are no joke I had a 07 CBR 600 and that thing was quick!

Last edited:

Stinger2011

Established Member
what power u at stinger? Just curious

Never had it on the dyno although I plan on taking it soon. Right now it's got headers, a mild cam, and stall. During our races, I hooked instantly.

Does it sound right that we were close from about 0-55 or what? Still new to racing.

Edit: my car is an 02 firebird formula btw. Really need to put that in my sig one of these days.

Last edited:

Poppacapp

Established Member
Never had it on the dyno although I plan on taking it soon. Right now it's got headers, a mild cam, and stall. During our races, I hooked instantly.

Does it sound right that we were close from about 0-55 or what? Still new to racing.

Edit: my car is an 02 firebird formula btw. Really need to put that in my sig one of these days.

Yes, the 0-55 thing was normal. The powerband(afterburner) on those things really starts to kick in around 8k or so.. that's why he took off like a bat out of hell.

Mooseman0

Established Member
haha thanks everyone. glad you guys enjoyed it. Ill try meet up with my buddies streched gsxr 750 soon and post that race

whitevenum

Auto 1000whp= Insanity
Established Member
I love racing bikes. Good kill man
When you start putting a hurting on the 1000s, its gets real interesting

Users who are viewing this thread