-vid- in car acceleration

bubbrubb

After all of my trash talking in the GTR vs Cobra thread, I thought I should at least have some in car footage of my own that I could compare my own car to a GTR.

These were taken after I had a chance to get the car nice and heat soaked. I did a run from a stop, but the car hooked nicely and the camera shot off the tripod mount as the tripod flipped over even though it was braced against the seats pretty well. At the track I can get it to run a lot harder with cool down and icing some fluid, but its not how the car runs at full temps.

I think it needs a little more oomph, don't you?

Last edited by a moderator:

CobraRyan

Banned
thats how my car pulls 2. But before with the 2.75/stock lower and a port it would pull harder in 3rd and 4th.

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
have always liked your car. i have watched your summer of the snake video so many times, seems like that eaton is louder than most ive heard. i love the low humming at idle to. very nice car bro.

lol thanks. Even though you didn't mean to quote me, I will still take the credit!

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
no offense dude but you were slippin the clutch a little too much in the first run

bubbrubb

no offense dude but you were slippin the clutch a little too much in the first run
you mean the pause between the 1-2 shift? Thats because there was some broken up pavement that I thought it would be wiser not to shift over it. I'm also assuming that you actually realize that I was just holding a low speed in 1st gear for a while and then getting on it. :shrug:

If its something else, please let me know so I can get better :beer:

That's a proshifted tranny.. You can't even compair that to a T56 with syncros..

Nice vid btw! :beer:
I'm glad somebody said it lol, thanks bro :beer:

Nino S

Established Member
nice vid and GREAT driving!! what clutch are your running and how long has it been in? can you notice anything funny with the car after you powershift like that? I really want to learn to rip my car like that I am just afraid to break somthing

bubbrubb

nice vid and GREAT driving!! what clutch are your running and how long has it been in? can you notice anything funny with the car after you powershift like that? I really want to learn to rip my car like that I am just afraid to break somthing

stock clutch and the car has 11,560 miles on it or something now. I haven't had the car long enough or done it to the car enough to notice enough of a problem. I really only do it if a camera is on to be honest... I learned how to powershift on my 1.8t audi and that thing got manhandled. Its hard on the synchros is what I've learned on the audi, but I never had any issues with anything.

Users who are viewing this thread