Vid of me vs. 03 cobra, 06 Z06, and R6

buxracing

I've gone to the darkside
Established Member
Lankhoss said:
Yeah, they're that fast. Next week I'm getting a bolt on package (intake, headers, tune) and it should put me almost as fast as a KB Cobra :D
Oh, and Lankhoss....thats Z is sweet!

raiders03

Banned
buxracing said:
Great vid!!! I've been itching to run a new Z06, when I finally decide where I'm moving (just sold my condo in Cali) i'll need to find someone with one and take a vid! Will probably be in the Tenn/Kentucky area!

where in Cali are you located? If you are in the bay area maybe we can meet up.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
SALEENGTROUSH said:
yea man too bad we didnt get my race vs the z06 on tape.... i lost by about a 3 feet from a 40 roll to 150 :cryying:

You lost to this same z06 by only 3 feet? With what 100 less rwhp than this Cobra with a 100shot

Last edited:

SALEENGTROUSH

who wants to race ?
Established Member
fastkars.com said:
You lost to this same z06 by only 3 feet? With what 100 less rwhp than this Cobra with a 100shot

yes did u see me race the cobra with the nitrous? i was at his door until i let off because of traffic and it was a 3rd gear roll...if it had been 2nd would have prob been closer cause of my shifting :thumbsup:

Lankhoss

Established Member
Z06 said:
Whats the deal on a KB cobra? i thought u had beat one in one of rick's video?? or it wasnt, im pretty sure i saw a video of a new Z beating a KB cobra. Not too sure, feel free to correct me! Get races up ASAP as u get that package hooked up! :burn:

I have not raced a KB Cobra yet. Jeff (Hydroshutter) has one, but his was not running right for the longest time. We haven't had a chance to run since he's gotten it fixed. A black Lingenfelter TT Z06 beat him in one video, but that was not me. Also, he raced a blue C5 Z06 with a H/C, bolt ons, and 100 shot one night, and lost when the guy sprayed....not sure if we put that video out or not.

We raced several times at a drag strip, and he was trapping about 6mph faster than me, even though I had a better time each time. We think that the lane he was in may have been putting wrong (high) numbers on the trap speeds, but either way the KB Cobra is definitely faster than my car.

Steeda30

Clearance Clarence
Established Member
I'm about 1.5 cars behind Lankhoss' Z from 45-140. Does that sound about right Brad?

Those Z's are incredible :bowdown:

Lankhoss

Established Member
Steeda30 said:
I'm about 1.5 cars behind Lankhoss' Z from 45-140. Does that sound about right Brad?

Those Z's are incredible :bowdown:

Yeah, sounds about right. And at least 3 cars behind Jeff?

I think Jeff would put 2 - 3 cars on me if we went 60 - 150. I'd imagine he'd get a pretty quick lead and step ahead with each shift, but I'd hold him from just totally walking away from me.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
SALEENGTROUSH said:
yes did u see me race the cobra with the nitrous? i was at his door until i let off because of traffic and it was a 3rd gear roll...if it had been 2nd would have prob been closer cause of my shifting :thumbsup:

Damn..The Cobra with the 100shot should run ALOT stronger. Nice runs.

justav6

BRING IT<DONT SING IT
Established Member
BeyondLimitz said:
Z06 Owns :bowdown:

hmm a cam, small shot, and bolt ons............................. :burn:
that new zo6 with cam,small shot,bolt ons,and a bad as tune, easy 9's on the street.

justav6

BRING IT<DONT SING IT
Established Member
Lankhoss said:
Yeah, they're that fast. Next week I'm getting a bolt on package (intake, headers, tune) and it should put me almost as fast as a KB Cobra :D
it would put you faster than a KB cobra. i have a buddy,that has a new z06,with a fast intake,comp custom cam,full exhaust,and a small shot,and tune= 9.88et,and streetable.wicked car

Z06

Established Member
Lankhoss said:
I have not raced a KB Cobra yet. Jeff (Hydroshutter) has one, but his was not running right for the longest time. We haven't had a chance to run since he's gotten it fixed. A black Lingenfelter TT Z06 beat him in one video, but that was not me. Also, he raced a blue C5 Z06 with a H/C, bolt ons, and 100 shot one night, and lost when the guy sprayed....not sure if we put that video out or not.

We raced several times at a drag strip, and he was trapping about 6mph faster than me, even though I had a better time each time. We think that the lane he was in may have been putting wrong (high) numbers on the trap speeds, but either way the KB Cobra is definitely faster than my car.

Ok then so y dont u guys dont just get this video up, im pretty sure u will not get smoked but will hang in there pretty well and with ur package i think u shud b able to get a lead on him? i dont knw just asking but i love the videos u guys make, whats the last one?? i think i have all but uve slowed down a bit, im waiting for fadi's compilation but nothing yet!

Users who are viewing this thread