Video: BMW Shoot Out - Dinan 335i vs. Stock M3

01whtss

Established Member
with that huge of amount of difference, i don't see the m3 winning in the quarter. hmmm...

r6bullet

Established Member
That was a good video, and as I am a BMW tech I have driven both cars. I installed some Dinan software on one 335i, felt like it lost some down low power but pulled very nicely up top. M3 really does need some more TQ, I know I get used to my 03 cobra but the M3 really is very weak down low. With that being said the M3 does weigh more than the cobra but it does not feel it. M3 would tear up a track for sure, fun cars but $70k+??
Just like the video states, the 335i will almost match its performance for much less.

95_XB331

Established Member
wow, good comparo and in the end, when all the M-fanboys expected the M3 win nod, they get the sad news in black and white... 'save your lunch money'.

04SMGIIM3

انا خارج الكلبه
Established Member
A tuned 335 will work an M3 over in a straight line...what simpleton was driving the 335 in that video.

ghoyt87

Established Member
I have a stock 07 335i

I took it to the track one last year and here was my best time incase anyone was curious what kind of times they ran stock

it ran a 13.27 with a 1.96 60' on stock run flats...I can't remember the mph though

they are definetly fun cars...

Last edited:

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
I have a Dinan 335xi coupe only the ECU reflash though not the suspension that car had. With that being said if I had the extra 15-20k the M3 costs I would have bought that and not thought twice about it. The overall package of the M car is much better.

Users who are viewing this thread