((VIDEO INSIDE))As If a Porsche Carrera GT is not enough!

JRock

Established Member
i love that car. the kit on that one reminds me of one available in NFS: Most Wanted. :)

I love how the throttle is practically an on/off switch between idle and max revs.

theDRIVER

Literally haulin' ass
Established Member
tristateZ28Lt1 said:
That video is sick!!!! Wow who did that?
The pics are awesome too, where were they taken? Monaco? :rockon: :bowdown:

right where the f1 cars take a "cruise"...

JADITO

Crazy Mofo
Established Member

Disintegr8or

Established Member
JADITO said:
I wish it was a simple or fast as this vid lol!!
After i finished auto mec school , i went to a porsche dealership to do my stage there, and i got to work on a cgt. There was a recall on the car , and the headlights had to be changed. Let me tell you that just changing the headlights was a 5+ hour job.

Here are some before and after pics
Wow, the special edition in the first video actually makes a "standard" GT look plain. What an awesome car, you were lucky. I would do very bad things to be able to buy one of those. :-D

ETA, I am surprised that they don't make you lift those with a 4 post lift...

Last edited:

theDRIVER

Literally haulin' ass
Established Member
over on the porsche boards (current carrera gt owners) they don't even like it. to the point where they just ignore a thread about the car. makes me laugh. they think it's a joke.

in stock form the car looks good, but gemballa really went all out on the car and made it look better. it's also very functional all around. i love gt cars and gt race cars, that's probably why i like it so much...

Last edited:

kuruma

Established Member
JADITO said:
Bouncing off of the rev limiter never sounded so good!
sounds so close to a F1 racecar

I've been watching that vid all day lol

Same thing I thought, F1 street car.

I can't imagine driving something that sounds so bad ass. I don't think you could drive anywhere with out every single person looking and wanting to talk to you about the car. Thats its only bad side everyone and their mom wants to talk to you about it, or race you.

J_ho67

MD in training
Established Member
I hate to be the one to say it, but America is so far behind on automotive technology than the rest of the world that it's not even funny. Don't me wrong, I love the Z06 and the FordGT but damm, we don't even come close!
It's our own fault though, stupid laws, emissions and stuff. Oh well, it's nice to dream about what's on the other side of the pond. Outside of cars though, we're kicka$$.

The_Wretched

Established Member
with all that money he should buy some shifting classes... what a waste.

amazing car.

theDRIVER

Literally haulin' ass
Established Member
J_ho67 said:
I hate to be the one to say it, but America is so far behind on automotive technology than the rest of the world that it's not even funny. Don't me wrong, I love the Z06 and the FordGT but damm, we don't even come close!
It's our own fault though, stupid laws, emissions and stuff. Oh well, it's nice to dream about what's on the other side of the pond. Outside of cars though, we're kicka$$.

what pisses me off is that ford, gm, or any other manufacturer have the sweetest cars over seas. when we want something bad enough (integra type r, lancer evolution, gto, skyline) they usually bring over the leftovers or they badge it as something we don't have no care for...

mrose75

Established Member
I wish I was flithy F*cking rich so I could drive me Supercar throuh the winding streets of Monaco.

J_ho67

MD in training
Established Member
theDRIVER said:
what pisses me off is that ford, gm, or any other manufacturer have the sweetest cars over seas. when we want something bad enough (integra type r, lancer evolution, gto, skyline) they usually bring over the leftovers or they badge it as something we don't have no care for...

Yeah I dunno what's up with that. Like what was that Ford car that is only sold over seas? I think it's called a Falcon (correct me if I'm wrong please). That thing is bada$$, but for some reason unknown to everyone, they wont sell it here where more people want it.:shrug:
When you look at cars like the :bowdown: Carerra Gt, Bugatti, Enzo, Pagani Zonda:bowdown: and others like them it makes you wonder what the heck is wrong with our manufacturers! I mean I understand that a strong majority of Americans look for cars with things like heated/cooled cupholders and the gas mileage of a moped, but it doesn't mean we shouldn't explore our abilities to make mind-blowing cars or advance our engineering technology. This would be a completely different country if we had something like the autobahn. Hats off to the Germans, they've got it down.

Users who are viewing this thread