Video of exhaust on my 07 GT500.

sabre24667

Team Ramrod
Established Member
Got the exhaust installed a couple of months ago, only driven it about 500 miles so its still breaking in. (Sorry for the shaky camera work, my wife was freezing in the cold weather.) I have stainless works O/R X pipe with borla catback exhaust. I think it sounds great but I hear a rattle noise after giving it some gas. You can hear it in the vid and it annoys the crap out of me!

http://youtu.be/DWzlbkjODvM

Ethereal_Zer0

Established Member
Sounds great man, is that the S-Type exhaust? I'm gonna get my exhaust done this spring some time, but can't settle on which system I want lol.

dale.baker

Established Member
I had the same issue. When the exhaust heats up it expands rearward. You need to have a minimum of about .500" of clearance from your muffler hanger and the rubber mount it goes through when the system is hot. Issue is that when it expands the metal hanger rod touches the metal bracket that holds the rubber bushing. This noise is likely from this point of contact. When you check the system cold it will appear that all is well, it is only when you get it up to operating temperature that the vibration starts. Hope this helps.

sabre24667

Team Ramrod
Established Member
Sounds great man, is that the S-Type exhaust? I'm gonna get my exhaust done this spring some time, but can't settle on which system I want lol.
This is the touring exhaust. Give Van from Revan Racing a call, I didn't really know which exhaust I wanted either but he gave some great input!

I had the same issue. When the exhaust heats up it expands rearward. You need to have a minimum of about .500" of clearance from your muffler hanger and the rubber mount it goes through when the system is hot. Issue is that when it expands the metal hanger rod touches the metal bracket that holds the rubber bushing. This noise is likely from this point of contact. When you check the system cold it will appear that all is well, it is only when you get it up to operating temperature that the vibration starts. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the input dale. I started it again today and noticed it seems to rattle constantly. I took it for a drive and its annoying as hell. I'm going to take a look at it when when I put my new wheels, brakes, and lower control arms on.

Users who are viewing this thread