Video of my 14' 500 and a 16' 350R at Fontana Roval with Speedventures 6/12/16

SCALECRAFT

Established Member
Hi All

First time I have come across a R version in person. The wheels and tires alone are very impressive.

So, the guy with the R (who was very nice) had the car for 2 days and was at the track for the first time with it. So I draw no conclusion as to what it's capable of.

I applaud the guy for using it as designed, and not packing it in bubble wrap or just showing it off.

This guy was bonding on the track with it. It was awesome.

He also had a passenger with him on the track!

The first vid I'm posting has telemetry to show speed and not much of the R. However, I have rear view vids that I will post later that shows the capability of the turning and braking of this car a lot more

I have been on this track around 6 times so my times are a bit faster on this track. It has long straight sections!!

But this guy put down a 1:55.7 without even knowing the car. It's only a matter of time before he's kicking some ass of some high profile cars. And mine.

My best time so far on OEM tires is 1:54.3. I may need track tires to hang with the R once he learns the car.

Or get the 2017 ZL1. Na, just kidding.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJBZFnHwIb8

SCALECRAFT

Established Member
Hi

It is a lot of fun. The car is new and solid. So I figure wtf.

Yes it pulls up top and out of the hole as well. Torque on this Trinity engine is very high.

I run my car in mode 3 (Sport) when on the track. The Assist reacts faster than I can and has "helped" to save my butt a few times.

However, since I have become familiar with the cars limitations, it does not come on as often as before.

The pumping heart comes in on the high speed back. No amount of assist is going to help that loss on the rear.

Users who are viewing this thread