Video of Watertown shootout

*TK*

COBRO
Established Member
[youtube_browser]796UFHldHM4#![/youtube_browser]

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/796UFHldHM4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
Is this the video taken on a dark street with police cars down the block and lots of rounds being fired? I can't see it on my work computer.

*TK*

COBRO
Established Member
Is this the video taken on a dark street with police cars down the block and lots of rounds being fired? I can't see it on my work computer.

No this is during the day, it looks like the video was taken out of a 3rd story window.

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
no. the one you're referencing was late thurs/fri night. this was the friday night capture just before dark.

it really is amazing he lived through that.

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
no. the one you're referencing was late thurs/fri night. this was the friday night capture just before dark.

it really is amazing he lived through that.

What happened with this shootout? I thought he was just hiding in the boat?

ff500

Established Member
I did read that the police used dummy rounds/rubber bullets, they wanted him alive. I don't know if its true or not.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
the video doesn't show anything...its just right around the corner from the house that has the boat

considering the hospital said he was shot three times.... ( neck, leg and foot ), its safe to say he did not make it unscathed.

ff500

Established Member
He was shot the night before and thats why there was so much blood in the boat and then he shot himself in the mouth while in the boat trying to commit suicide. If you watch the footage from the helicopter you can see what looks like a rifle that he's holding, looks kind of like he's pointing it at himself. I don't know how much of this is true though.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
I did read that the police used dummy rounds/rubber bullets, they wanted him alive. I don't know if its true or not.

Possible but I don't know if they would knowing the harm he could do. He has already killed a police officer (well one of them did anyways).

But I did read that they were told to take him alive. Then again he was shot in the next. Doubt he could have lived being shot in the neck for 15ish hours. So I think he was shot during this video.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
He was shot the night before and thats why there was so much blood in the boat and then he shot himself in the mouth while in the boat trying to commit suicide. If you watch the footage from the helicopter you can see what looks like a rifle that he's holding, looks kind of like he's pointing it at himself. I don't know how much of this is true though.

:dw: That seems like a stretch.

t01lightning

Established Member
80 plus rounds, yet they want citizens to protect their house with no more than 8 bullets or a shotgun. Saw the explosion video from Texas and it is worse and looks like a real bomb. More casualties etc. Anything in a liberal state is always more important media wise. One of the NBC guys tried to say Sandy was worse than Katrina and many agreed, Boston is a joke for letting them do this test run of staying in your homes, I feel sorry for all the true conservatives up there who understand what happened.

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
:dw: That seems like a stretch.

ff500....would love to know where you are getting those two stories from....I have yet to see anything about that.
i've heard that as well
80 plus rounds, yet they want citizens to protect their house with no more than 8 bullets or a shotgun. Saw the explosion video from Texas and it is worse and looks like a real bomb. More casualties etc. Anything in a liberal state is always more important media wise. One of the NBC guys tried to say Sandy was worse than Katrina and many agreed, Boston is a joke for letting them do this test run of staying in your homes, I feel sorry for all the true conservatives up there who understand what happened.

act of terrorism = act of war, innocent people attacked

accidental explosion = more than likely ignored safety procedures

2 completely different situations and appropriate media coverage was/is given to each.

as far as the immediate impact, yes, Sandy was worse because it affected 2x the amount of people and financially had a higher impact. as far as long lasting devastation and loss of life, obviously Katrina was worse. which, mind you, was not exactly helped by the guy 'ahem' conservatives put in office.

what happened in Boston was an all out manhunt. noone's rights were infringed, and any attempt to argue the contrary is extremely naive and just plain ignorant to the facts. so please, stop your whining. it wasn't some test run to control the population. i love you right wing nut jobs who cry wolf at just about anything with any chance you get. you sound ridiculous, grow up.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Was this when the two brothers were in the mercedes and one died or was this more recent?

ff500

Established Member
I was on reddit following it and I also had a scanner going. I was listening when the report came in that there was an officer down which was the mit officer, but at the time they were looking for a hispanic male. I didn't think the mit shooting was connected to the bombers, so I went to bed and then the next morning everything was happening.

I can't remember where I heard the story about the blanks/rubber bullets, I do know they were concerned about gas on the boat and it possibly exploding from gunfire. I did see a picture of the side of the boat and it was riddled with holes, I don't know if rubber bullets can go through fiberglass. I'll see if I can find info on it.

hoamskilet

Established Member
I was on reddit following it and I also had a scanner going. I was listening when the report came in that there was an officer down which was the mit officer, but at the time they were looking for a hispanic male. I didn't think the mit shooting was connected to the bombers, so I went to bed and then the next morning everything was happening.

I can't remember where I heard the story about the blanks/rubber bullets, I do know they were concerned about gas on the boat and it possibly exploding from gunfire. I did see a picture of the side of the boat and it was riddled with holes, I don't know if rubber bullets can go through fiberglass. I'll see if I can find info on it.

For what it's worth I was listening to the scanner and the dispatcher was warning everyone they were about to let loose with dummy rounds. Wonder what all exactly happened there.

Users who are viewing this thread