Viper breaks the Nurburgring World Record --- Video

bigdave03svt

Established Member
running that hard in a car with no cage requires a set made of a metal that hasnt been discovered yet..hahaha...damn that has to be intense:beer:

virginiafiveo

L8RBTCH
Established Member
7 minutes in a car with no AC and likely not even a blower motor in the car with the windows up and a firesuit on and helmet.....stop racing in forza guys, I bet he was sweating his balls of titanium off. he also botched a few shifts by bouncing it off the rev limiter. damn good driving though, especially for what appeared to be a kid.

F8L SNK

Established Member
The car did bounce of the rev limiter a few times. The factory rev limiter is just a bit low and the aftermarket PCM increases it by 250 rpms. As for A/C, it is still there with the blower motor. ACR's do not delete A/C but do have the option to delete the radio.

As far as the window, every track I have been to requires you to keep it down for safety, completely opposite of drag racing. Window down makes more sense for safety.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Never understood why they want you to roll your windows up at the dragstrip. Hell, I don't understand alot of rules in drag racing. :nonono:

fiveo'cobra

Established Member
Thats Mr. Dominick Farnbacher. He's so young because its nice to have a father that owns numerous major racing teams. He got started at a very early age and had the connections and means to get there. I only saw a few mistakes, mainly in his line by missing apexes and running a little wide but its hard to be perfect on a 14 mile track thats SO bumpy. Not to mention he's entereing those corners at huge speed.

I bet theres 3, possibly 4 more seconds left in that car on that track IF someone could pull off an absolutely perfect lap in ideal conditions, which this run seemed to have.

Wierd that Dom did the driving though. I've met Kuno Wittmer and he's SRT's official race driver. I met him at VIR where he broke the street car record with the ACR there. He had just broken the NJMP record with the car the week before.

F8L SNK

Established Member
Dominick deserves to have that ride regardless of who his father is. He was chosen for the driver as he knows the Ring much better and has even set the pole there before. 3 to 4 seconds left, I seriously doubt that but would be cool. I would guess no more than two seconds.

There was another driver there that did not run as quick and knows Vipers and knows the ring so that should really give more credit to Dominick.

As far as Kuno, he is awesome. I am sure there is a reason that he was not driving the ACR. I do know that he drove the Mintgen Viper comp coupe the following weekend in a race in the Netherlands. I know the reason will be released soon as the full story of the ring will be released.

Cool that you were at VIR, I was there as well this year. Were you driving? If so what were you running in?

After VIR Kuno set the record at TWS as well. a blistering 1.47.x, crazy fast and in a stock ACR to boot.

Thats Mr. Dominick Farnbacher. He's so young because its nice to have a father that owns numerous major racing teams. He got started at a very early age and had the connections and means to get there. I only saw a few mistakes, mainly in his line by missing apexes and running a little wide but its hard to be perfect on a 14 mile track thats SO bumpy. Not to mention he's entereing those corners at huge speed.

I bet theres 3, possibly 4 more seconds left in that car on that track IF someone could pull off an absolutely perfect lap in ideal conditions, which this run seemed to have.

Wierd that Dom did the driving though. I've met Kuno Wittmer and he's SRT's official race driver. I met him at VIR where he broke the street car record with the ACR there. He had just broken the NJMP record with the car the week before.

fiveo'cobra

Established Member
Dominick deserves to have that ride regardless of who his father is. He was chosen for the driver as he knows the Ring much better and has even set the pole there before. 3 to 4 seconds left, I seriously doubt that but would be cool. I would guess no more than two seconds.

I'm not saying Dom is a bad driver or anything. He IS a kid though. He's just another Marco Andretti. It would be difficult for him to NOT make it as a pro driver at his age with what he's got backing him. Ive never met him but he seems like a good guy.

I was at VIR for Viper cup with NAARA doing some coaching for a friend there. It was his first time at VIR AND his first time in a Viper cup car so that was a pretty tall order. The last time I raced there was in March but i'm looking to run the 13 hour there next month.

F8L SNK

Established Member
You do realize Dominick is 27 and Kuno is 29 right? I am just curious as to why his age even matters? It really doesn't matter to this thread and I'm not trying to argue it is just an odd response to him being the driver. I have never met him personally either but I hear he is a great guy and a phenomenal driver.

Who was your friend with the X, hope he did well and I hope your 13hr goes even better. That is an awesome track, one that makes the 22 hour drive from Houston more than worth it!!

Again, I am not trying to argue just not sure of the relevance of age or financial backing of this kid. I assume you just mean it must be nice to be him to have the ability to race for a living since he has his father to rely on? I wish my father was able to let me do this for a living :) Hell, I'm not even close to a kid anymore and my father still asks "are you still racing cars?"

fiveo'cobra

Established Member
You do realize Dominick is 27 and Kuno is 29 right? I am just curious as to why his age even matters? It really doesn't matter to this thread and I'm not trying to argue it is just an odd response to him being the driver. I have never met him personally either but I hear he is a great guy and a phenomenal driver.

Who was your friend with the X, hope he did well and I hope your 13hr goes even better. That is an awesome track, one that makes the 22 hour drive from Houston more than worth it!!

Again, I am not trying to argue just not sure of the relevance of age or financial backing of this kid. I assume you just mean it must be nice to be him to have the ability to race for a living since he has his father to rely on? I wish my father was able to let me do this for a living :) Hell, I'm not even close to a kid anymore and my father still asks "are you still racing cars?"

Not going to give out my friend's name on here but will tell you he drove the 53 car in the Lux camp as a one-off. There's no doubt that its nice to wake up and have options like:

Which ALMS car should I drive today?

People on the forum in early posts just said he looks like a kid and so I elaborated on why he's so young and so.......established in the sport. Thats all. 27 ain't 15, but thats still damn young to have a professional resume as long as his.

Users who are viewing this thread