Viper Build Thread

blk02edge

Established Member
I appreciate that...just way different levels haha
Start spending the money on true pro coaching. (None of these HPDE amateur shit that use the term "maintenance throttle") I'm so fortunate that one of my best friends is a platinum FIA rated driver and I've had years of free help. I would not have been able to afford it as he's $2000/day.

Spec racing, especially Spec Miata as a little side gig will enormously grow skill. W2W in anything ends up more fun than driving even the fastest cars.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Start spending the money on true pro coaching. (None of these HPDE amateur shit that use the term "maintenance throttle") I'm so fortunate that one of my best friends is a platinum FIA rated driver and I've had years of free help. I would not have been able to afford it as he's $2000/day.

Spec racing, especially Spec Miata as a little side gig will enormously grow skill. W2W in anything ends up more fun than driving even the fastest cars.

That's what I was just telling my buddy this morning. That's probably my next step.

I truly have no interest in W2W. I just want to set fast laps.

blk02edge

Established Member
That's what I was just telling my buddy this morning. That's probably my next step.

I truly have no interest in W2W. I just want to set fast laps.
Fair enough.. another buddy of mine has been setting track records all over the PNW with his Stohr WF1 but now after a few years is strongly considering going to a 1340 SR3 to run the series. It's all fun just relentless $$$ haha

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Fair enough.. another buddy of mine has been setting track records all over the PNW with his Stohr WF1 but now after a few years is strongly considering going to a 1340 SR3 to run the series. It's all fun just relentless $$$ haha

Those cars are so fast!

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Winter 2023 Upgrades/Updates.

1. Motec C127 Data/Dash Logger
    1. I want more data. My current ADL2 is fine, but the C127 will have Pro Logging, more memory, easier interface, and customizable display.
    2. With this addition, we'll be adding a steering input sensor, dual (front and rear) brake pressure sensors, utilize the throttle position sensor...along with shock pots, TPMS.
  2. Motec Shock Potentiometers
    1. This will help me set the ride height more efficiently, and will probably lead to me increasing the spring rate...at least in the front. Currently, I'd guess there's 3-3.5" of travel of the splitter, and I want to cut that in half.
  3. Trailbrake Unlimited Tire Pressure Sensors/temperature monitors
    1. Having no idea what pressures and temps my tires are at on track is horrible. You don't know if you're going to have grip or not. With these, I can buy a few sets and have them installed in all of my wheels, and I can set up a screen on the C127 that shows them and can adjust it so it turns green when they're up to temp and pressure, so it's one less than thing to worry about on that first flier.
  4. Zebulon MSC Side Skirts
    1. I was going to add these last year, but lost motivation to fab mounts that would hold them in place, but also be able to quickly detach them for trailering. They will stick out about 3.5", and I only have 1" clearance on both sides in the trailer as it is. This will add even more stabilization.
  5. Carbon fiber headlight blanks
    1. I'm tired of chasing the fitment of the current lightweight headlights. I gave up and they've gone to shit. It's a terrible design as far as mounting. The blanks will be lighter, and will stay in place. I may add an LED pod in each one (have to cut holes) if I decide I miss having lights. I've ran without them hooked up the last few times out and only wished I had them once, when a guy was holding me up and I didn't want to pass him in a blind corner.
  6. Hired Ray Phillips at Precision Driving Analytics
    1. I'm going to spend some money getting data charts set up, the Motec dash configurated to receive all of the data inputs that I have available, etc.

My goal for this next year, is to go faster by being more efficient and being a better driver. If at the end of next season I feel like I have maxed out the car and my ability...I'm going to add power.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
One more update...I think... Ordered these pretty things today.

Spage Sport

1703611628742.png

Users who are viewing this thread