viper srt10 sucked

roushcobra03

Established Member
well just test drove the 05' viper and completely changed my mind on buying the damn thing. It rattled more than my cobra, steering was impossible and didn't feel the acceleration was any better. maybe its just me but I had higher expectations.

Labora

Is that a Fobra?
Established Member
I'd get a C6 before a Viper. But thats just me. Hell I'd drive a C5 Z06 and have some change left over for mods.

roushcobra03

Established Member
definintly seems to be the way I will go, but will still wait for the 07' cobra before I make up my mind now.

SickBlackMach

Throttling back
Established Member
my roomate has an 01 z06, and I really like how it just pulls and pulls... and you cant deny that with its displacement, the aerodynamics on the vettes is just outstanding... netting you a killer gas milageage average.

roushcobra03

Established Member
I've driven all but the newer z06 and will also wait until I do to make up my mind. I just can't believe how much I hated driving the viper. It was like I wished I had never done it and still had the dream.

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
roushcobra03 said:
I've driven all but the newer z06 and will also wait until I do to make up my mind. I just can't believe how much I hated driving the viper. It was like I wished I had never done it and still had the dream.
That's interesting you say that... Not really a common comment :p

Duende

Thomas @ AppOSL.com
Established Member
roushcobra03 said:

Did the salesman touch you or something?

quik6

SVT powered at last
Established Member
I think if you're going to spend that much money you should definitely look into the c6 zo6.

BrokeUoff

Banned
yup, the viper has put itself in a bad spot......how the hell does one produce a coupe version which seems to be 2-3 mph slower in the 1/4 than the original convert with the saem engine 3 years previous?!!!!

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
WizardsCobra said:
Your response makes me want to go test drive a Viper now. Its too bad they would never let me drive one.
what do you think my chances are, with an LTD?
God when I was looking at 2004 mach1's when I was putting my name down on a 2005GT (cancelled order) I had to talk a loooong time to convince them to let me drive it.

UtOhCop

Established Member
roushcobra03 said:
well just test drove the 05' viper and completely changed my mind on buying the damn thing. It rattled more than my cobra, steering was impossible and didn't feel the acceleration was any better. maybe its just me but I had higher expectations.

I felt the same exact way after i test drove one also. All except the fact that i loved it. Would still buy one of a C6 if i had the money.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
You must have had a bad one or something. The tough steering in called feedback with really bigs tires, not that overboosted numb feel crap. And in terms of accel, line up a cobra to one and there is no comparison.

Duende

Thomas @ AppOSL.com
Established Member
Mport_KLR said:
did i stumble onto www.corvettesarethegreatestcarsintheworld.com again? I thought this was a mustang forum. i guess im the only one that doesnt really like anything about them. Also the new one looks like a watered down viper with 360 modena headlights.

You're absolutely right. People on a SVT site should not have opinions on other vehicles. Unless it's to bad mouth them.

:loser:

Users who are viewing this thread