Viper - two close calls at drag strip

TClark22

Established Member
Or something broke in the suspension cause it looked like the exact same thing happened both times.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
First video did look like an axle break or similar, but then it does the exact same thing again. Could have been repaired and broken again I guess.

I'm guessing the same thing, with a combo of a ton of power and not enough tire and traction

Flatfoot WOT shifting without something like a WOTBox would shock the tires pretty badly.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
Absolutely and I'm willing to bet that thing is laying down some serious power on what looks like x275 tires

earl lee

Established Member
Absolutely and I'm willing to bet that thing is laying down some serious power on what looks like x275 tires

Its a procharged viper pushing over 1k to the wheels. The blue viper was H/C NA viper. Apparently these 2 vipers set the 5 gen records for fastest 1/4 mile time and the blue one did it for fastest N/A 5 gen time.

The blk best run was 9.4 @ 143 and the blue N/A was 9.9 @ 140.

If that blue gen 5 is truely N/A with H/C only that number is crazy.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Obviously he saved it so he did something right but isn't hitting the brakes the last thing you want to do? In the slow mo that's the first thing I saw after it got loose.

speeddemon2000

Established Member
I wonder if there is something wrong with the differential. That thing bit hard left both times and you see tire marks on the strip from the right tire both times. It's almost like the clutches in the diff heat up or something and stop driving the the left tire. But what do I know I drive a cobra.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
I wonder if there is something wrong with the differential. That thing bit hard left both times and you see tire marks on the strip from the right tire both times. It's almost like the clutches in the diff heat up or something and stop driving the the left tire. But what do I know I drive a cobra.

Exactly. It was clear as day something was going on with the diff in that car.

Blue Blitz

Established Member
Black car is an auto so doubt it's an issue slamming gears.

Blue car is truely NA. Beastly numbers for a non power adder car.

Users who are viewing this thread