Virginia/DC area

johnjon87

Established Member
IMO there arent any elite performance shops/tuners in Nova. There's Performance autosport in Richmond which would be my best suggestion within an hour. If youre in woodbridge of Fredricksburg its only about 30-45 mins to Richmond so thats not too bad. I take my car up to Evolution Performance in PA its about 30 mins from philly which is an hour 30 to 2 hours, but its certainly worth it! Welcome to the area and have fun with all these upidy govt snobs and their BMWs and Mercedes..boy your gonna love it lol

WildFifty

Established Member
Nobody deals with worse traffic than me... I live in Chantilly and work on the boarder of Vienna and Tyson’s corner... short distance, only 9 miles... 45 min daily.

I have been doing it for about 2 years… have tried every single back road combination possible. It blows.

Def some good advice on here, you need to sacrifice you requirements on a home purchase to live closer to work. In the long run you will be happier.

PS
just a heads up: if you think that is bad… just wait until the weather turns crappy like it did in Jan… my normal 45 min commute home… took me 9 hours.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Horsepower By Herman is just on the other side of the beltway from you in Beltsville, MD off Route 1. About a half hour in non rush hour for you.

astrodudepsu

1of72 Hater
Established Member
Nobody deals with worse traffic than me... I live in Chantilly and work on the boarder of Vienna and Tyson’s corner... short distance, only 9 miles... 45 min daily.

I have been doing it for about 2 years… have tried every single back road combination possible. It blows.

Def some good advice on here, you need to sacrifice you requirements on a home purchase to live closer to work. In the long run you will be happier.

PS
just a heads up: if you think that is bad… just wait until the weather turns crappy like it did in Jan… my normal 45 min commute home… took me 9 hours.

I used to drive from Gaithersburg to just north of the Dulles airport. 270->495->267->28

35 miles, avg commute time 2-2.5 hours. Every goddamn day :bored: 45 mins? haha

It took my fiance 8 hours last year to drive from Arlington to Reston during that snow storm. That was fun.

johnjon87

Established Member
I used to drive from Gaithersburg to just north of the Dulles airport. 270->495->267->28

It took my fiance 8 hours last year to drive from Arlington to Reston during that snow storm. That was fun.

Yea boy was that fun.. I was dropping my shelby off at the washington auto show that night and when I got out it was terrible took me 5 hours to get from the convention center to my house in arlington. Thank god I went through dc towards gtwon and then into arlington across key bridge cuz 95 was a parking lot i heard someone say it took them almost 9 hours to get home from dc to arlington! lol

WildFifty

Established Member

Yea that commute sounds terrible, but you are almost covering 4 times the distance in 3 times the time. I sit and stare at the people around me at stand stills in traffic.
My suggestion to the county is... pick all the old retired folks from the city of vienna up and move them all out past gainsville... demolish the entire town and build a HUGE highway all the way down 123 from tysons to woodbridge. damn we need that BAD. the raods around here are a joke.

ManNmachine

John 3:16
Established Member
:lol: 9hrs!...thats time to pull over and pitch a tent. I like leaving early in the morning, around 5-6, its mostly smooth sailing unless there is an accident or when people start to gaze at someone pulled over.

By the way, my exhaust set up is most likely going up for sale the first day my car gets in town. Might get a combo with cats plus I am kinda tired of my set up.

AlwaysBoosted

What's a SVT?
Established Member
:lol: 9hrs!...thats time to pull over and pitch a tent. I like leaving early in the morning, around 5-6, its mostly smooth sailing unless there is an accident or when people start to gaze at someone pulled over.

By the way, my exhaust set up is most likely going up for sale the first day my car gets in town. Might get a combo with cats plus I am kinda tired of my set up.

You really don't have to worry about exhaust in VA. I've lived in Arlington for the past year and half and I commute from Arlington to Quantico 5 days a week with my Cobra, off road H pipe and a Bassani cat back, haven't been pulled over once and I drive by a lot of troopers.

johnjon87

Established Member
You really don't have to worry about exhaust in VA. I've lived in Arlington for the past year and half and I commute from Arlington to Quantico 5 days a week with my Cobra, off road H pipe and a Bassani cat back, haven't been pulled over once and I drive by a lot of troopers.

No idea how thats possible.. the Arlington cops pull me over ans everyone else i know constantly with any aftermarket exhaust. They say in the state of va it os ilegall to modify your exhaust at all! Ive been told that my car will get impounded for improper exhaust! You're a lucky dude if you've never been pulled over here

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Monster Mach

Established Member
Never once pulled over for exhaust.. in arlington fairfax.. not even in v.a beach... or anywhere for that matter... o/r x on my mach 1

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

ManNmachine

John 3:16
Established Member
Looks like chance whether you get pulled over or not.

Anyone running LTs, borla and off road H pipes/catted? I am going to be posting up my MACs + Mid pipes for sale. I am looking into a borla combo but not sure on mid pipe setup.

nitrovic

Established Member
Excessive Motorsports in Manassas Park is a really good speed shop.

Woodbridge is weird, it all depends on what specific neighborhood u live in. It can be pretty bad...

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Looks like chance whether you get pulled over or not.

Anyone running LTs, borla and off road H pipes/catted? I am going to be posting up my MACs + Mid pipes for sale. I am looking into a borla combo but not sure on mid pipe setup.
How they **** with you will depend a LOT on what part of VA you live and/or work in. NOVA can be the worst area ever for it but there are a lot of people that get away with a lot of modification shit. not all of the "getting away with it" is accomplished by legal means either. so just keep in mind that you gotta pay to play and do whatever floats your boat. Be sure you understand the consequences befor you make the decision so you won't be surprised.

Woodbridge is weird, it all depends on what specific neighborhood u live in. It can be pretty bad...
Excessive is good peeps.

bleedingfordblu

Established Member

agreed. great people that run the place and chris owner/tuner is very knowlegable, a lot of people think he comes off dickish sometimes but then again, he deals with a lot of people and lets face it, people are stupd. its funny some of the things he tells me, but as long as you dont try to act like you know more about the car then he does youll be fun and bring him some funions lmao. but def a great tuner, one of the best on the east coast by far.

on a side note, there is northernvirginiamustangclub.com they have track rentals and meets every month and there's always a car show in sterling at the chick fil-a off rt 28 with some really nice cars that show up every friday as long as its not raining. im usually there

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
agreed. great people that run the place and chris owner/tuner is very knowlegable, a lot of people think he comes off dickish sometimes but then again, he deals with a lot of people and lets face it, people are stupd. its funny some of the things he tells me, but as long as you dont try to act like you know more about the car then he does youll be fun and bring him some funions lmao. but def a great tuner, one of the best on the east coast by far.

on a side note, there is northernvirginiamustangclub.com they have track rentals and meets every month and there's always a car show in sterling at the chick fil-a off rt 28 with some really nice cars that show up every friday as long as its not raining. im usually there
I am friends with chris, have been for a long time. Chris does come of dickish, mainly because well he is LOL! but a good guy who will get you set up like you need/want

Users who are viewing this thread