Visor replacement

XP900

Established Member
Anyone ever replace the stock visor with one that comes with a built in slider? The stock one really doesn't block the sun very well on the drivers side during long trips since it does not move. My Maverick has one that actually slides on a shaft so it is much more useable but unfortunately has different mounting holes and the wrong color. Anyone ever replace theirs with a better unit? Even the slider unit in the Maverick still comes with a mirror and light.

kazman

King of Kazmania
Established Member
Premium Member
Yes, I replaced my stock '07 visors with the later model extendable style. They also have lighted vanity mirrors that I was able to hack using r/c connectors. Took power from one of the wires in the o/h console. Don't remember which wire though.

XP900

Established Member
Yes, I replaced my stock '07 visors with the later model extendable style. They also have lighted vanity mirrors that I was able to hack using r/c connectors. Took power from one of the wires in the o/h console. Don't remember which wire though.
Did it bolt up using the same mounting holes and use the same plastic snap connector? I already have power so that's not an issue. Where the replacements from a Mustang GT or 500 and any idea what year would fit?

Users who are viewing this thread