VMP '15 GT A6 tuning?

Jayme

Driver Mod
Established Member
Has anyone had a VMP tune on a '15 A6 GT yet? What were the results? I know they were awesome on the 11-14 A6 cars. Thank you!

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
I have a VMP stg3 TVS kit on my auto 15, 79mm pulley/93 octane & full Kooks exhaust with cats, running a Lund (Ken BJonnes) tune. Lund and VMP are working together on the 15's, VMP kit tuned by Lund/Bjonnes. The original base tune that they sent me was dead on, not a single adjustment was made on the remote dyno tuning session. Low reading mustang dyno, 602/490, reads 13% lower then a local dynojet, guessing 650/525+. She trapped 99mph on my 20" True Forged Chicanes, my 315/35 NT05R's couldn't hook through 1st gear, DA was 1450ft+. On a set of lighter wheels and MT's in better conditions she'll go low to mid 130's.

Tune is rock solid, WOT is down right dirty. There are a few low end throttle spots that need to be cleaned up, I think they are attributed to my twin 67mm tb but not sure. I know Lund is working on it now and expect to have more improvements over the next few months. Lund seems to have a pretty good system down, have looked at 7-8 different logs on a timely basis, no issues to report.

Last edited:

hand-filer

Established Member
What is the reasoning behind them handing the tuning duties over to Lund? Personally I think its a good decision.

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
What is the reasoning behind them handing the tuning duties over to Lund? Personally I think its a good decision.

Lund is ahead of the curve with tuning the new 15's. Several other tuners are using Lund right now until they get the 15's figured out. Ken Bjonnes (Lund tuner) also has a VMP TVS on his 15GT.

Last edited:

Jayme

Driver Mod
Established Member
Guess I'm kind of gun shy about Lund. We have a local a6 gt at the track with a lund tune and cai and our stock gt is faster.

hand-filer

Established Member
I think he's been ahead of the curve for a long time.

Lund is ahead of the curve with tuning the new 15's. Several other tuners are using Lund right now until they get the 15's figured out. Ken Bjonnes (Lund tuner) also has a VMP TVS on his 15GT.

BMR Tech

Guess I'm kind of gun shy about Lund. We have a local a6 gt at the track with a lund tune and cai and our stock gt is faster.

That doesn't really mean anything, to be honest with you.

I think every car I have ever raced and won against, in my lifetime has outpowered me, and some had "better" tunes - but I still won.

I was the first person to have a VMP Blower with Lund tune, and I am very happy with it.

Take an auto 15....throw a blower on it, and supporting mods, and go 10.1@138. I'd say that is some proof in the pudding, while others were still trying to figure out how to make a blower kit make full WOT pulls with a larger/non-stock TB. :rockon:

Last edited:

VNMOUS1

Established Member
I have a VMP stg3 TVS kit on my auto 15, 79mm pulley/93 octane & full Kooks exhaust with cats, running a Lund (Ken BJonnes) tune. Lund is doing all of VMP's tunes right now. The original base tune that they sent me was dead on, not a single adjustment was made on the remote dyno tuning session. Low reading mustang dyno, 602/490, reads 13% lower then a local dynojet, guessing 650/525+. She trapped 99mph on my 20" True Forged Chicanes, my 315/35 NT05R's couldn't hook through 1st gear, DA was 1450ft+. On a set of lighter wheels and MT's in better conditions she'll go low to mid 130's.

Tune is rock solid, WOT is down right dirty. There are a few low end throttle spots that need to be cleaned up, I think they are attributed to my twin 67mm tb but not sure. I know Lund is working on it now and expect to have more improvements over the next few months. Lund seems to have a pretty good system down, have looked at 7-8 different logs on a timely basis, no issues to report.

I want to clear up some misinformation here. Lund Racing and VMP Tuning & Superchargers partnered on this single project for one reason; Jon, Ken and Jon II had the ability and skills to concentrate fully on a very dense pool of code that is the 2015 factory calibration. We, VMP, have responsibilities to our customers and retailers of our hard goods (performance parts and the VMP GEN II TVS) that didn't allow us to make the headway needed to be at the leading edge of this curve. Lund Racing was interested in our VMP GEN II TVS and we were interested in their calibrations, so the allegiance was born. At the end of the day, we work together to provide the market with the world's most advanced TVS supercharger and outstanding calibrations to bring it to life. There isn't a more powerful partnership available to you. Not Whipple, not Kenne-Bell, not even Ford Performance.

VMP Tuning continues to expand our calibration arm as we offer dyno and remote tuning services for all other late model Fords including EcoBoost offerings like our '15 Eco Mustang and 3.5L Twin Turbos. From 3V to Cobra to GT500 and our GEN II kits for '11-'14, all of them are built and supported by VMP Tuning.

Please see above and you're right, this is a great collaboration for you and us.

Just looking for the best a6 tune for a basically stock car, any suggestions?

Look no further. http://vmptuning.com/50l-superchargers/stage250gen2/

...and loves it. Ken has that Coyote howling and there's more where that came from! VMP GEN II TVS FTW.

That doesn't really mean anything, to be honest with you.

I think every car I have ever raced and won against, in my lifetime has outpowered me, and some had "better" tunes - but I still won.

I was the first person to have a VMP Blower with Lund tune, and I am very happy with it.

Take an auto 15....throw a blower on it, and supporting mods, and go 10.1@138. I'd say that is some proof in the pudding, while others were still trying to figure out how to make a blower kit make full WOT pulls with a larger/non-stock TB. :rockon:

Thanks, Kelly, for your support and trust. Awesome to have you as a standard bearer for the teaming of Lund and VMP.

Folks- Our VMP GEN II TVS is built for us, and to our engineering specifications by an arm of Roush. What that means for you is that you get OEM quality, assembly and testing that no one else has access to except Ford themselves.

Our 2015 kits include mission critical components like out VMP Triple Pass/Dual Fan heat exchanger. Others stick you with a single pass and no fans which renders it almost worthless unless you're moving (and building more heat).

This is the same VMP GEN II TVS that powers Rebecca Starkey's 2011 GT to 8.90s at over 150mph. The exact same blower. No 'one off' or mystery porting. It's out of the box!

Thanks for taking time to read this and for letting me share our excitement about this relationship with you.

bj

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread