VMP Gen II is on.

WCA

Established Member
For anyone who is on the fence on whether to go with the Gen II, I say go for it. There is definitely a big power increase with the swap. Mine has the 2.5 upper and VMP 67 throttle body. I was making 17 psi and now 20. Must get to the strip!
0719141257-300x225@2x.jpg

WCA

Established Member
I had a Ford Racing TVS with VMP 66 TB. Its going up for sale soon.

kozumasbullitt

Established Member
For anyone who is on the fence on whether to go with the Gen II, I say go for it. There is definitely a big power increase with the swap. Mine has the 2.5 upper and VMP 67 throttle body. I was making 17 psi and now 20. Must get to the strip!
View attachment 20253

What was your set up when you saw 17psi? A 3psi jump is pretty high unless you pullied down.

kozumasbullitt

Established Member
3PSI is what VMP was telling us before the gen II got into customer hands. So, it is expected.

Negative, VMP saw just under a 3 psi difference at a level that most wouldn't be at on the street. As I expected he pullied down to what amounts to 1.5-2 psi difference and the extra is from the additional airflow. On a simple upper only applicarion, I would expect only a small boost increase.

Last edited:

SuperFly03

Established Member
Yeah. 2.75 so I rounded. Sue me.

If he pulled down also that would say it was flowing about the same as his original SC or a net pick up of about 1 PsI when switching.

kozumasbullitt

Established Member
Yeah. 2.75 so I rounded. Sue me.

If he pulled down also that would say it was flowing about the same as his original SC or a net pick up of about 1 PsI when switching.

He only pullied down 1.5 psi worth and picked up the rest with the extra flow. I pullied up from a 2.4 to a 2.5 and still saw a slight increase so I would say the GEN2 will add 1-1.5psi on a mild set up.

Users who are viewing this thread