VMP Gen II Stage 2 on order!!

briancbr

Established Member
I met Justin from VMP at the Ponies in the Smokies and decided to order the stage 2 kit for my 2014 Mustang GT/CS. Can't wait to get it installed.

TenaciousRock

Established Member
Be prepared to invest in tires haha. Pretty sure I'll be jumping to some 285/40R18 drag radials.

FWIW my 2014 GT with the standard Stage 2 VMP kit made 561rwhp 485rwtq with the initial tune that VMP sent with the kit. I haven't sent any logs in for a re-tune.

I had the kit professionally installed and the shop was confident with a full dyno tune they'd be able to get in the neighborhood of 600-620rwhp and 510-530 rwtq out of it based on their experience.

This car is already over 200rwhp higher than anything I've owned previously so I'm not hard up for more power right now lol

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Congrats OP, that's awesome.
Definitely keep us posted.

Be prepared to invest in tires haha. Pretty sure I'll be jumping to some 285/40R18 drag radials.
FWIW my 2014 GT with the standard Stage 2 VMP kit made 561rwhp 485rwtq with the initial tune that VMP sent with the kit. I haven't sent any logs in for a re-tune.
I had the kit professionally installed and the shop was confident with a full dyno tune they'd be able to get in the neighborhood of 600-620rwhp and 510-530 rwtq out of it based on their experience.
This car is already over 200rwhp higher than anything I've owned previously so I'm not hard up for more power right now lol
Sounds like a really fun and reliable car. Enjoy.

briancbr

Established Member
I just got a update from the VMP team everything was in stock and shipped out and is on its way.

briancbr

Established Member

Do you have the Gen II R or a previous version?

Ya I was thinking I better order more tires right away..

I just installed a MGW shifter and ordered a shaftmaster driveshaft this morning so I'm excited to get it all installed.

Gruca

Established Member
I ordered my Paxton kit on April 5th...it's supposed to arrive today. Longest wait ever...

RUgoinup?

We will NEVER forget!
Established Member
I ordered my Paxton kit on April 5th...it's supposed to arrive today. Longest wait ever...
Nope. Ordered my blower Feb 18. Good news is that it's currently being installed. Hang tight. Good things still come to those who wait.

Gruca

Established Member
Nope. Ordered my blower Feb 18. Good news is that it's currently being installed. Hang tight. Good things still come to those who wait.

It arrived yesterday and I drop it off to the shop on a Saturday. Originally, they weren't going to start until Monday, but they got a guy to start it Saturday morning. So there are positives here.

And Feb 18th til now is a brutal wait. I'd go nuts.

Users who are viewing this thread