VMP Gt500 Throttle body

safado

bleed'n blue
Established Member
I didn't check to see if anyone has ran into this issue... Where using the stock throttle cable bracket on the VMP TVS with the VMP GT5 throttle body puts the cable at a off center pull?

I will post up pics in a bit.. but basically like the clutch quadrant where you have to shim the quadrant to center the cable or it will eat thru the cable and/or mar the quadrant..

2013-08-19203130_zpsf490ebc4.jpg

Last edited:

safado

bleed'n blue
Established Member
I don't see it that way.. with time that cable will get cut thru and wear at the channel its in... I will look into making a new bracket or something... different scale, but a clutch cable in this scenario doesn't last too long... When you get a chance can you look at yours? Maybe some how its my bracket...

03SonicVert

Ford Junkie since 1996
Established Member
Do you have a set of calipers that you could measure the center lines on the cable bracket to the throttle body linkage? It sure looks like the space is more narrow on the throttle linkage end. If you bend the bracket then your cruise control cable will be off center.

Best solution I could think of is to cut the throttle cable bracket down the center between the two cables, take more out of the side with the throttle cable until you have the desired straight shot path on both, then have the bracket TIG welded, ground smooth and painted.

My .02. We're dealing with non-OEM parts so they require some tweaking even if they are expensive.

safado

bleed'n blue
Established Member
I am surprised none of the "team VMP" guys have chimed in... I wanted to see if their cables are the same way

safado

bleed'n blue
Established Member
thanks for the reply TVS Vert :beer: interesting to know the ford one is straight

Any other TvSers?

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
First I've seen this .... just deleted my pics on the CELL .... Found this PIC on PB....I'll look when I get home...

I've had ZERO issues with the new GT500 TB .... have about 250 miles now on it since the tune! :)

2013-07-03175847.jpg

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I have seen this on some cars, and not on others, there seems to be some variability on the factory brackets.

I would recommend loosening the factory one and tweaking the bracket.

I have some throttle brackets that are slightly thinner if you would like me to send you one, it would be easy to bend.

Safado, I know you weren't happy with the original elbow you should have let me know you were interested in the new one.

safado

bleed'n blue
Established Member
I have seen this on some cars, and not on others, there seems to be some variability on the factory brackets.

I would recommend loosening the factory one and tweaking the bracket.

I have some throttle brackets that are slightly thinner if you would like me to send you one, it would be easy to bend.

Safado, I know you weren't happy with the original elbow you should have let me know you were interested in the new one.

I tell you what Justin, I will take you up on the cable bracket, and please get to work on the VMP 3.3 TVS for Cobras! lol

By the way, the new elbows are superior to the 1st gens... congrats!

2012-10-30163538.jpg

SVT_Troy

Established Member
I tell you what Justin, I will take you up on the cable bracket, and please get to work on the VMP 3.3 TVS for Cobras! lol

By the way, the new elbows are superior to the 1st gens... congrats!

2012-10-30163538.jpg

I still havent bought my GT500 elbow and TB, dont go start talking about a 3.3!

04cobra88

Established Member
Hey guys this is a little off topic I have a accufab I was going to use on my tvs swap within e next few months I was thinking about swapping it out for the gt500 is it worth it? How much power do you pick up over the accufab ?

svtshadow

Banned
Hey guys this is a little off topic I have a accufab I was going to use on my tvs swap within e next few months I was thinking about swapping it out for the gt500 is it worth it? How much power do you pick up over the accufab ?

Like 20-30rwhp depending on other mods on the car.

bad93svt

Established Member
Bump...any new tvs owners got any n2mb ew dyno #s w/gt500 setup on 93?

Users who are viewing this thread