VMP install as one piece?

braindontstop31

Established Member
Sorry, I know I have been full of questions today. Those who have installed the VMP TVS did you install as one piece with lower attached or separate lower then blower?
Kinda worried about messing up the lower to head gaskets if I do it separate.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
I have done it both ways.
Just be careful and take your time.
You should be fine.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I did it separately. Easier for me that way doing it alone.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I guess I am just thinking about it to much. I was thinking about hurting the lower gasket. I tend to over think things sometimes. :)

Yeah your over thinking it! I put the lower down, then blower and only snugged the blower bolts on. Then I had to raise the lower again to install the intercooler tubes and housing. Then carefully lowered it back down again on the gaskets. The gaskets have dimples on each end that sit in little holes so they stay lined up.

braindontstop31

Established Member
Yeah your over thinking it! I put the lower down, then blower and only snugged the blower bolts on. Then I had to raise the lower again to install the intercooler tubes and housing. Then carefully lowered it back down again on the gaskets. The gaskets have dimples on each end that sit in little holes so they stay lined up.

That is what I am going to do. I got the intercooler rtv'd and bolted on last night. Cleaned up the heads and lower and getting ready to bolt her up tonight. I am going to orientate my TPS and IAT the same way yours is. Did you gap a .030 on your TR6 plugs?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
That is what I am going to do. I got the intercooler rtv'd and bolted on last night. Cleaned up the heads and lower and getting ready to bolt her up tonight. I am going to orientate my TPS and IAT the same way yours is. Did you gap a .030 on your TR6 plugs?

I had my tr6's gapped at .028, but just recently put in tr6ix's gapped at .030.

braindontstop31

Established Member
Justin @ VMP recommended me using TR7ix @.030. I already had the TR6's when he emailed me. Looks like a lot of guys here run them so I am going to try them at .030 and see what happens.

mfrazier2

Engineers lead the way!
Established Member

I wish you would take pictures as you go. Im interested in the VMP TVS'.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member

If you have questions about the VMP TVS 2.3 please let me know.
My car was used as the test mule to develop the TVS for the Terminators.
Been running one since 2008.

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
It is much easier for me to pull the whole thing together. I think it took about 40 minutes to get it off the last time I had it off. A little extra grunt to lift, but not too terrible.

braindontstop31

Established Member

factory.jpg
eaton removed 2.jpg

Nice 3000 mile stock cobra before lower and eaton removed! You have to dismantle the vacuum harness
when you get rid of the EGR, all of the stuff bolted to the driver side of the blower comes off. Really pretty
straight forward. Gentleman here on SVT have help me with any questions I had/am having. If you remove the lower you have to undo the harness on back of the blower. None of my intercooler bolts broke thank goodness. I recommend new bolts for the lower to head for sure. VMP gives you new intercooler bolts.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread