Established Member
Vmp offers a plug in harness that makes it so there is no need to repin
Any connectors yeah it cost $150 but when I've already got 10k in the car
Its not a huge deal

Has anyone else used one of these?

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
Nope. Thought about it but didn't. The repining is actually very very easy to do. If 150$ is ok to save you an hours work, then go ahead.

alex12gt

Established Member
Really not sure what I want to do but I think roush should have just done somthing like this

kevinp

Established Member
Really not sure what I want to do but I think roush should have just done somthing like this

You would think it would just have correct connectors, but its really not that bad to do.

Only reason I would do it is if I wanted to make it easier to uninstall in the future. 150 isnt worth it for doing once, but maybe for doing it twice :)

kevinp

Established Member
Some of the Roush extension harnesses (and FRPP I assume as well) have different connectors on them than factory, so you have to take the pins out of the stock connector and put them into a new connector shell that is included in the kit.

Its about 15 wires total if I remember, wasnt hard to do, looks OE when its done.

vteckiller2000

Add Lightness
Established Member
Some of the Roush extension harnesses (and FRPP I assume as well) have different connectors on them than factory, so you have to take the pins out of the stock connector and put them into a new connector shell that is included in the kit.

Its about 15 wires total if I remember, wasnt hard to do, looks OE when its done.

That is kind of strange.

kevinp

Established Member
That is kind of strange.

Yea, its kind of odd they do that, obviously the connectors are available if VMP has adapter harnesses. You have to move the throttle body and MAF so you have the TPS, throttle control motor and MAF extension, maybe EVAP too, I forget.

Maybe they are using the same extensions as the 3Vs and the 5.0 has different connectors - who knows. I'm pretty sure the FRPP kit is the same way so that makes it even stranger.

alex12gt

Established Member
i just look at it as one less thing to go wrong really on the install ive read the instructions several times and think as long as i take my time ill be fine i think im going to take a 3 day weekend and do the blower, my new hood, and bumper all at once

alex12gt

Established Member
well im a few weeks out on the blower install anyway but it looks like id still have to pin the new air temp sensor in...can anyone confirm this?

kevinp

Established Member
well im a few weeks out on the blower install anyway but it looks like id still have to pin the new air temp sensor in...can anyone confirm this?

Going to have to do that even if you buy the adapter harnesses.

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
It's very easy to do. Just. Make sure and make the splice far enough back so it don't get into the back of the plug.

davidhuff

Established Member
Roush should have at least furnish a $5.00 Pin Tool in the supercharger kit because there are so many different size Pin Tools on the market.

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
David, i just posted the notes i wrote up, in how to section if you wanna take a look. Its very easy to do, i used a dentists pick tool (straight), and a dentists hook tool to pop the red retainers out.

kevinp

Established Member
Roush should have at least furnish a $5.00 Pin Tool in the supercharger kit because there are so many different size Pin Tools on the market.

Would be easier to have the right connectors to begin with :)

I have a bunch of GM weatherpack tools but none worked, I used a small pick and jewelers screwdriver, not a big deal really. Just a little tedious..

davidhuff

Established Member
David, i just posted the notes i wrote up, in how to section if you wanna take a look. Its very easy to do, i used a dentists pick tool (straight), and a dentists hook tool to pop the red retainers out.
Thanks for the post,I will take a look.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread