• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

VMP Q Port Inlet Elbow

Discussion in 'SVT Shelby GT500' started by acobra03, Mar 31, 2012.

1. acobra03

acobra03 New Member Established Member

I found a Q Port Inlet Elbow that was never installed and got a good deal so I bought it. I have a few questions. On a unported Eaton with a 2.6, CAI and a tune how much HP/TQ could I expect to pick up. Also, will the elbow require a change to my current tune. Lastly, is porting the inlet to the Eaton necessary like it is for a TVS?

2. NightRide

NightRide Roll Racer Established Member

2.6 only maybe 5-10 whp, I would at least get the A/F checked on a dyno if you don't have a gauge, yes the elbow is bigger than the stock inlet so it needs porting.

3. airmanb2b

airmanb2b Active Member Established Member

You can do the inlet port matching yourself with a little bit of time and patience. It took me about an hour and was able to do it without pulling the blower.

4. 08blkshelby

08blkshelby Member Established Member

I have the L&M plenum. I didn't port match it. I don't think at our power levels is worth it. If I even gained any power I doubt it's over 5 rwhp. I think down the road with more mods, it could show some power. I would really port match it so you could see the most power.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
  5. 19chrome98

19chrome98 Member Established Member

i thought you had your plenum port matched to the blower when it was at posi

6. airmanb2b

airmanb2b Active Member Established Member

I have a post port now that was port matched to a vmp inlet. Prior to that, I had an mmr inlet that I home port matched on my original eaton.

7. acobra03

acobra03 New Member Established Member

I think I'll wait until I pull the blower and have it ported along with the TB and elbow all at one shot. Thanks for the feedback guys. If I go that route I'm going to have to retuned anyway so I'll throw a 10% lower on to make it all worth while.

8. NightRide

NightRide Roll Racer Established Member

Good plan.