VMP/roush auto cars, whats your 3rd gear WOT MPH

Vert

Established Member
I'm curious on what your 3rd gear WOT mph is when you did your datalogs. Seems my 14 is low on mph and 7k rpms it's at 97mph. On my 13 I had the same exact set up including wheels and gears and at 7k rpms I was 110mph.
Only difference in the 14 is I'm running the passenger and drivers side into a vent to atmosphere all-star can.
I'm going give another shout to vmp since I'm still having some surge issues and bouncing off the limiter on 2-3 shift.

vortecd

Established Member
They have to be the same. Hp would have no effect. Same rpm (7,000) rear gear and tire height math would be same. Only thing that would make it different if the converters were different and one was slipping or not locking up

jn2

Established Member
Like previously mentioned, horsepower wold not affect your speed at a given rpm. Either your speedo is not calibrated or you have different gearing

Vert

Established Member
I understand what everyone is saying and that's why I scratching my head.
My 13 CS came with 255/40/19 and I ran 295/35/20s or a 4.5 mph difference at 110mph with 3.15 gears confirmed by sticker on pumpkin.
My 14 came with 235/50/18 and Im running 295/35/20 or a 3.5 mph difference at 110mph with 3.15 gears confirmed by sticker on pumpkin.
Maybe somehow my tuner screwed up my tire size and that's why its off. Ill have to run my GPS and see what it reads compared to my speedo.

Last edited:

Vert

Established Member
I just verified my speedo and its 3mph off which is due to my tire size difference from stock.

Vert

Established Member
Maybe your converter isn't locking up or staying locked up ? but 15mph is a bit much?
Could be true and I might be way off, but maybe that's one reason why bouncing off the rev limiter. Shift point is 7200rpms and rev limiter is 7700rpms and I know shaft speed can play a part with it.

Users who are viewing this thread