Vmp tune

mdamron

Established Member
I recently got a used 13 gt auto with 36k miles, and I can't decide which tuner is best. I'm stuck between vmp tune and bama tune, any one run vmp tune for automatics? Any feedback would be appreciated

kdaly

Established Member
I recently got a used 13 gt auto with 36k miles, and I can't decide which tuner is best. I'm stuck between vmp tune and bama tune, any one run vmp tune for automatics? Any feedback would be appreciated

Congrats on the new ride.

Go with Lund, VMP, or AED. Those are top three. Dont use Bama. Everyone on here will agree

momogt

Established Member
I have a 2012 auto and love my VMP tunes and like it was stated above Bama tunes are not really good for automatics. and if you can get in contact with Mike Roush mid-atlantic performance he's great with the automatics also

Last edited:

mdamron

Established Member
Thanks for the feedback, im leaning towards VMP, my main concern is drivability issues and ive heard good things about VMP tuning on the autos

momogt

Established Member
drivability is fine with a vmp tune plus they have a great response time when updating a tune which is a plus

Bryanh24

Established Member
I've
had my Steeda 93 tune on my car for about 5 months now and I am still in love with it. Car drives great and power is there when I need it. I 100% recommend.

mdamron

Established Member
ive read good things about steeda but also read its a safe tune whereas lund or vmp are more aggressive

nate714

Established Member
Going to repeat previous, VMP AED or Lund. I think VMP is a little cheaper than the other two if I'm not mistaken.

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
Bama vs VMP... definitely VMP. I think VMP doesn't have free update tunes. Lund and Bama does.

Stang Lover

Established Member
Palm Beach Dyno (Ken Bjonnes), AED, Sai li, Lund

I'd personally go with Palm Beach but that's just me.

Last edited:

Bryanh24

Established Member
ive read good things about steeda but also read its a safe tune whereas lund or vmp are more aggressive
I
have read that as well. Doesn't feel safe to me lol, feels more aggressive than safe but I could be wrong! Only tune I've had is steeda. Might be going Flex fuel tune with AED soon!

demas

Established Member
Palm Beach Dyno by Ken Bjonnes is my tune and can't be more happy about it

Stig_v5.0

Established Member
I can't speak much about any of the other tuners, but I've been running a VMP tune on my '14 GT manual for several thousands of miles and so far its been excellent. This car is my daily driver, zero issues. Their customer service has also been excellent for me as far as answering questions in a timely fashion (usually within 20 minutes during business hours)

WIST2013GT

Established Member
AED. Shauns service is second to none and he gives no-bullshit answers to all your questions. A very straight up guy and great tuner.

madscotsman

Established Member
Bama vs VMP... definitely VMP. I think VMP doesn't have free update tunes. Lund and Bama does.

VMP offers free updates to your tune if you buy a mod from them that requires a change to the tune. Otherwise, updates are $50. I have had my 12' stage 3 running on the VMP tune that comes with their "phase III" upgrade without any issues, but my car is a stick and FI (obviously). I had BAMA tuning on my 13' automatic and didn't have any issues with them either.

Users who are viewing this thread