VMP TVS dyno with stock clutch??

braindontstop31

Established Member
Do you think the stock 3000 mile easily driven clutch will hold up on the dyno? Should be around 600 rwhp give or take.
I plan on going RXT soon after dyno and no plans to drive hard until then.

Last edited:

Jmurrz

Established Member
It's not the horsepower you need to worry about, the torque is what will be the clutch killer. I have no experience with the stock clutch on high hp applications but I personally think it will hold for the dyno, but not much longer after that. Good luck

braindontstop31

Established Member
It's not the horsepower you need to worry about, the torque is what will be the clutch killer. I have no experience with the stock clutch on high hp applications but I personally think it will hold for the dyno, but not much longer after that. Good luck

Pretty much what I had in mind and thanks for the Good Luck I'll need it!

Rich'sTRsvt

Established Member
Mine barely held up on a dyno jet. I had a lot more miles then you, but there was plenty of life left if it weren't for the power. Smelled really bad of clutch on a couple of the tuning pulls, and it looked pretty burnt when removed.

speedy3remy

Established Member
Do you think the stock 3000 mile easily driven clutch will hold up on the dyno? Should be around 600 rwhp give or take.
I plan on going RXT soon after dyno and no plans to drive hard until then.

Respect the Dyno! its a Tool for the engine spec you want or an HP showoff..not my thing! max trq stock i think its 425 or so! you will burn it and waste your Dyno time and cash for nothing. Trow that RXT then shoot for the moon, using reliable Data, be wise! Cheers! :burnout:

TRBO VNM

The answer is easy. Ask yourself if you are willing to throw the money away for dyno time and tuners time. If you are willing to lose that money, go for it. If you don't want to lose the money, then upgrade first. I had this same thing happen with a guy who didn't care about throwing money away, so he did.

No one really knows if it will hold or not. The clutch is a wear item as you know. As someone stated, that torq will be the killer if it doesn't hold.

Last edited:

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
The torque hit and load on that poor stocker from 2K and up will most likely put it on it's death bed. Good luck though.....I'd put the real clutch in first and then get it tuned, but that's just me.

cj428mach

Established Member
I went 1000+ miles on 21psi of boost on e85 with my whipple on the stock 7500 mile clutch. It did well and swapping in the Dyad the clutch didn't look like it had really taken a beating. You might hold on the dyno....

SBVERT03

Established Member
Mine held up, but was slipping pretty bad the last couple pulls.

braindontstop31

Established Member
Thanks for all the replies. I talked with the tuner and he said he has done several Cobras with TVS with stock clutch. He said it should hold. He said it is a different story for the road or track of course. I hope it does this will be a 93 Octane 17psi tune.

Last edited:

Ninedown

Established Member
Running my 2.8KB at 22# of boost. Stock clutch was fine on the dyno as on the street. 21.5k on stock clutch.

Users who are viewing this thread