VMP TVS plug reccomendation

Snake40

Established Member
Hi Justin, Im running your TVS with 2.5 upper on 2008 GT500. What plugs and gap do you suggest. I live in Texas. Thanks, Mike

VNMOUS1

Established Member
I'm running the VMP TVS and have done some fairly extensive testing on my car with him.

I'm running NGK TR6s and have found .032-.035 to be a sweet spot for them at this boost level.

Currently, I've gone to the BR7EF just to try it. I'm running more boost than most though and they're fine as well.

I'd suggest the TR6's @ .032 and call it a day. They're cheap and they work great. Use of anti-seize on the threads.

bj

Snake40

Established Member
What difference have you found between the TR6s and the
SP-471 AGSF12FM1 that Justin sells on his website? Thanks, Mike

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
What difference have you found between the TR6s and the
SP-471 AGSF12FM1 that Justin sells on his website? Thanks, Mike

The motorcraft are platinum plugs, the NGK TR6 are cheaper copper based plugs. I also use TR6 @ 17 PSI...and they idle, run, and WOT perfectly. You can get the TR6 for less than $20.00 at any local auto parts store, and they are easy to change.

Listen to BJ, save your money, gap them to .032, use anti-seize, and call it a day.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Hey, Mike. Sorry I missed your question. But it's been asked and answered. If I recall correctly they were factory plugs in the GT supercar. About 4 bucks a piece.

(Thanks Beast)

bj

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread