volvo s40i

01_BLK_COBRA

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Question for everyone. What is your opinion of the 2006 volvo s40i? My wife and i have been tihnking about trading in the 01 cobra for one and i wanted to get a few opinions. i know i will miss the cobra, but I still have my 5.0 that i am fixing up back at my parents house.

With the gas prices and commuting for work and graduate school, it seems the volvo will answer our needs better. Great safety, comfort, and it is pretty peppy for a na 5 cylinder. Plus the automatic with the geartronic shifting will be nice in backup traffic. If I feel the need to shift manual i can without the clutch.

Thoughts?

deannyc

Str8
Established Member
volvos are good cars. Get the loaded s40 though. They look sweet with the body trim and I believe they are turbo. Can find one used in good shape, pretty cheap.

01_BLK_COBRA

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
deannyc said:
volvos are good cars. Get the loaded s40 though. They look sweet with the body trim and I believe they are turbo. Can find one used in good shape, pretty cheap.

That is our tihnking. It will tough to part with the cobra, but there is nowhere to truly enjoy it on long island. Plus my wife won't drive it..

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I like them but you should check out their reliability issues. I know a lady that bought one around when they first came out and she ended up lemon lawing two of them for electrical issues. She would be at the grocery store and would be walking away from the car when all the sudden the windows would automatically roll down. I would bet by now Volvo has this worked out but you might want to look into it. If they arent known for that problem I say go for it they're sweet looking cars if you put some nice wheels on it.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Keep the Cobra get rid of the wife. I am the problem solver.

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
I had one of those pull along side of me in the Vic Friday. With its size and turbo, I expected it to be stronger than what it was. Maybe it was turbo lag matched with an auto tranny. I would imagine a smaller car like that would really be more pleasurable with a manual tranny because its not going to have the torque of a larger engine. Of course, if there is other benefits with a great affordable price, AWD or considerably better fuel mileage, I guess it would make for a nice little sedan for around town.

Users who are viewing this thread