Voodoo Blower Ideas

cmde44

Established Member
I love my Voodoo, but I want to catch the low end performance up to the mid and high end performance it already has.

I've been looking at super chargers and turbos, but wanted to get others opinions first. I really don't want ask A type super charger so I started to check out the Hennessy set up, but after researching a bit, it seems like they've become pretty shady.

I've finally landed on a twin turbo setup from Hellion. Looks like the best bang for your buck setup, and a reliable manufacturer.

What do you guys think?

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Contact Injected Engineering in Georgia, I believe they have a twin kit based off Hellion as I watched a you tube review of a car with it.
Personally I don't want a crank pulley on the FPC 5.2
But I agree boost always fixes the torque problem:)
-J

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
Boostworks and LPF have options too i believe

cmde44

Established Member
Contact Injected Engineering in Georgia, I believe they have a twin kit based off Hellion as I watched a you tube review of a car with it.
Personally I don't want a crank pulley on the FPC 5.2
But I agree boost always fixes the torque problem:)
-J
I agree. I worry about the lower power band being added to the light rods and pistons so I don't think a supercharger is the best idea.

I guess there's no assurance that FI on the 350 won't blow your motor up, but it'd be nice to see if people are having any short term problems with turbocharging.

SlowSVT

Established Member
If your looking for more grunt down low wouldn't a turbo pretty much put you in a same boat your in now? It appears the Voodoo engine is not the best candidate for boost by the small number of people who actually took that route let alone adding a twin screw. I would leave this engine NA there is too much surgery involved to do it right and even if you did the engine layout is not ideal for FI.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
If your looking for more grunt down low wouldn't a turbo pretty much put you in a same boat your in now? It appears the Voodoo engine is not the best candidate for boost by the small number of people who actually took that route let alone adding a twin screw. I would leave this engine NA there is too much surgery involved to do it right and even if you did the engine layout is not ideal for FI.
Engine layout no different than any Coyote really. And a properly deigned turbo kit will generate great midrange torque that builds with the high redline. I've driven a Ferrari 488GTB in Vegas and the twin turbo/FPC can be mind blowing.
I can understand why many want to keep it NA, but for those that want all the GT350 qualities just with extra power, twins would kick @ss.
-J

cmde44

Established Member
Well, I decided to hold of on the FI. I'm going to have a Kook's exhaust setup installed with a cold air intake and tune. Pretty simple stuff, but I think it'll help where I want it.

I'm just not convinced I won't shell out a $20k engine by giving it FI.

SlowSVT

Established Member
Well, I decided to hold of on the FI. I'm going to have a Kook's exhaust setup installed with a cold air intake and tune. Pretty simple stuff, but I think it'll help where I want it.

I'm just not convinced I won't shell out a $20k engine by giving it FI.

Good call

Not a car I would be eager to dig into the engine bay to splice-in an FI setup. Once you cross that line the car becomes an entirely different animal and in many aspects not in a good way. The re-sale value will be the first thing to suffer and that's just the beginning. Long term I don't think you will find too many GT350 owners saying adding a turbo to this car was a good idea why gamble with perfection?

The bummer these days is the sophistication and high level of tune from the factory does not encourage modding. I've seen this in ever increasing fashion, the days of a weekend blower install are over they stopped making fox and SN95 cars long ago. Those cars had so much room for improvement, huge aftermarket, simple construction made them a modders dream. The GT350 has been engineered and developed to such an extent one would be hard pressed to gain any real improvement and at great expense which would make me very reluctant to mod it. This is a car you largely have fun driving and park in the garage when finished not something you want to turn into a "project" which will likely result in many ways something worse than what you started with. That's actually a huge pat on the back to Ford, the downside is they removed any incentive to tinker on the car which would drive me nuts!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread