Vortech 5.0 vs Procharged Zo6

CobraCarrera

Established Member
Very impressive runs.....Your car runs excellent....
What are people doing to get Lambo's... I am seeing more and more popping up here and there.... I am doing something wrong....

blackvette101

Established Member
Very impressive runs.....Your car runs excellent....
What are people doing to get Lambo's... I am seeing more and more popping up here and there.... I am doing something wrong....

prices on the first gen gallardo's have plummeted. Since the new hurracion model was revealed the now 2 generations old gallardo prices have fallen dramatically. I have customers that have picked them up for the same price as new GT500's.

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
maybe I'm way off but i figured a P1SC C5ZO6 would hammer a coyote?

Perfect scenario vs perfect scenario it prob would. They both will be in the mid 500rwhp area with the vetted advantage being aero and weight. (C5 Z06s can get down into the 3000-3200lb area easily.

DSGCOBRA24

Established Member
Perfect scenario vs perfect scenario it prob would. They both will be in the mid 500rwhp area with the vetted advantage being aero and weight. (C5 Z06s can get down into the 3000-3200lb area easily.

Yup, stock weight is 3060lbs so they can get down to under 3000lbs with some weight reduction.

Am I the only one who noticed a hatch on the vette? Or was I seeing shit?

It's a regular c5 not a z06, I noticed it too.

Good runs OP, fast 5.0 for sure

Poppacapp

Established Member
prices on the first gen gallardo's have plummeted. Since the new hurracion model was revealed the now 2 generations old gallardo prices have fallen dramatically. I have customers that have picked them up for the same price as new GT500's.

Its not so much the entry price to buy the car... its being able to afford the maintenance, and upkeep on a car like that. NOTHING is cheap on those things.

DSS

Established Member
good race OP, keep them coming

i think your friend got scammed thats a base model C5 not a Z06 :beer:

it would be nice to see a race where a driving is going to be alot less of a factor, I think a roll race at fair speed for both would be a good test to which is a faster car

Yup, stock weight is 3060lbs so they can get down to under 3000lbs with some weight reduction.

GM listed curb weight on C5 models

Coupe: 3246
Z06: 3118

"get down 3000lb some weight reduction " you make make it sound like its so simple hahaha, there isnt much to weight you can take off on the vette, unless you really want to strip the hell out of the cars interior, safety equipment, ride with one seat and get rid of luxury feature, even then its still hard

my Z06 is at 3220 lb with 1/4 tank of gas and all the bottles filled up ;-)

Last edited:

DSGCOBRA24

Established Member
good race OP, keep them coming

i think your friend got scammed thats a base model C5 not a Z06 :beer:

it would be nice to see a race where a driving is going to be alot less of a factor, I think a roll race at fair speed for both would be a good test to which is a faster car

GM listed curb weight on C5 models

Coupe: 3246
Z06: 3118

"get down 3000lb some weight reduction " you make make it sound like its so simple hahaha, there isnt much to weight you can take off on the vette, unless you really want to strip the hell out of the cars interior, safety equipment, ride with one seat and get rid of luxury feature, even then its still hard

my Z06 is at 3220 lb with 1/4 tank of gas and all the bottles filled up ;-)

My brothers c5 z06 came with a Chevrolet corvette brochure that listed the weight of 04' z06 at 3060lbs. Maybe the 04's are lighter? I know they come with lighter hoods then the previous years.

Tx5.0

Established Member
I don't know much about vettes but I seen the vents at the bottom for the brakes so I assumed its a Zo6.

Rct851

Established Member
I'm glad it wasn't from a roll. Otherwise we would all be driving vettes or be flat broke trying to make monster HP to over come the aero and weight

blackvette101

Established Member
Its not so much the entry price to buy the car... its being able to afford the maintenance, and upkeep on a car like that. NOTHING is cheap on those things.

trust me on this. I own a wheel shop and see it every day. NOBODY thinks about that until it's too late. I see people pick up decade old M series BMW's and AMG Mercedes for pennies on the dollar all day. I can't tell you how many people I've told that their benz is 5k miles over their X service and they reply that it's like 3 grand to do it so they are just not going to do it. :lol1:

Users who are viewing this thread