vortech belt slippage

Thor24

Established Member
im sure this has been asked before but seems everyone setup is different from each other. i have an 01 cobra with a vortech v2 sc running 14 lbs of boost. the belt slips pretty bad at 4k-4500 rpms on dyno. pretty sure im running a 6 rib pulley set up with an oversized crank and smaller blower pulley. would an 8 rib setup stop the belt from slipping? or is there other stuff besides exchanging pulleys that would need to happen?
thanks

01yellercobra

Established Member
What size pulley are you running? How old is your tensioner? Is the belt the correct size?

Those are the easy things to check. I'm running a 2.95" 8 rib blower pulley with a Thumprr tensioner and I don't have any noticeable belt slip.

Thor24

Established Member
not sure on pulley size i bought the car how it is. ive had the tensioner and belt both replaced and that helped some. i think brought it from 4k rpm to 5400rpm before it slipped. i had heard of thump tensioner before but didnt know if that would fix it. figured id have to go to an 8 rib pulley first

AluminatorSnake

Established Member
Maybe you could send your pulley to Carbinite to get it coated before you go 8 rib. Unless youre under 3.2-3" i wouldnt think belt slip would be that bad. Always buy a quality belt to like the greenback belt you see in lots of pictures on here.

Users who are viewing this thread