Vortech Bypass Removal

Nomadic

Established Member
Any tips or tricks for removing this thing? I've got big hands, and this bypass valve is in the tightest place possible it seems.

Tried attacking it from underneath, doesn't look like I can slip the pipe out without removing the fan shroud.

5lho

Established Member
Any tips or tricks for removing this thing? I've got big hands, and this bypass valve is in the tightest place possible it seems.

Tried attacking it from underneath, doesn't look like I can slip the pipe out without removing the fan shroud.

It can be got at from the bottom, as I recall. It is incredibly tight and you need to do a little spatial reasoning to figure out the little twists needed, like getting a couch up a flight of stairs. If you twist the pipe for access, you can get to the mounting bolts with the pipe in place, too. I have long fingers though, not ham hands :)

Nomadic

Established Member
It can be got at from the bottom, as I recall. It is incredibly tight and you need to do a little spatial reasoning to figure out the little twists needed, like getting a couch up a flight of stairs. If you twist the pipe for access, you can get to the mounting bolts with the pipe in place, too. I have long fingers though, not ham hands :)

Im already 2 band aids deep on my hand, but I'll give it a shot!

Nomadic

Established Member
Happy to report after a beer break, it can be manipulated from the bottom and removed, with lots of wiggling, geometry problems, and brute force.

JPC block off plate looks good in its place :)

RusWolf

Established Member
I had the same question as you OP lol.. Thinking about replacing it with either vortechs 360 bov or getting a turbosmart race port valve, but i dont know if its quieter than tial or not. I know tial is pretty loud when idling or driving slow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nomadic

Established Member
I had the same question as you OP lol.. Thinking about replacing it with either vortechs 360 bov or getting a turbosmart race port valve, but i dont know if its quieter than tial or not. I know tial is pretty loud when idling or driving slow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I dig the tial so far - its a pretty awesome sounding!

Users who are viewing this thread