Vortech Cooler

DsgSlowbra

I have the vortech aftercooler and it works beautifully! I track tested it with and without ice packed in it and picked up 1.9 mph! Thats strong!!! 118.5 to 120.4

Rearpl8tsinsite

QQQQ
Established Member
I agree with DSG. Exactly how it works I don't know but you essentually put ice and water into this tank and it keeps the engine running cooler. I have seen increases of .2-.4 off 1/4 mi times in an 03 Cobra and an old fox body. The 03 Cobras had his located in the trunk though don't know how he ran the lines. The fox body had it in the same place as the link.

xenon

Established Member
If thats the only performance gain is 2mph and .4 then I would not say its worth while. Not to mention the battery needs to be relocated to the trunk. :nonono:

B03Cobra

SVT G0D
Established Member
If your a hardcore stripper ;) you will love that product. Being in those hot hot staging lanes in the summer, you will be glad u did this mod. Lots cleaner then putting bags o ice on the intake or icing down the blower....

03InThe11s

i meant 10s :)
Established Member
Originally posted by xenon
If thats the only performance gain is 2mph and .4 then I would not say its worth while. Not to mention the battery needs to be relocated to the trunk. :nonono:

4 tenths is alot when drag racing. and relocating the battery to the trunk is a good thing, you need more weight back there, and less in the front. the vortec aftercooler is made so you can pack it full of ice, and the intercooler stay cold for a while. i have packed my current intercooler holding tank full of ice for a dyno, and it be melted after one run. this is one of my def. future mods. its needed for anyone running lottsa boost out of the stock eatons.

hwystr

Established Member
So how does it exactly work, you fill it with cold water/ice, which it uses to cool the intake charge (got that part). Do you need to re-fill it (ie. does the water disappear), or can you drive it forever without checking and only ice it when desired. I haven't checked what the stock one does - wonder if there is water in it.:shrug:

100th96cobra

Originally posted by hwystr
So how does it exactly work, you fill it with cold water/ice, which it uses to cool the intake charge (got that part). Do you need to re-fill it (ie. does the water disappear), or can you drive it forever without checking and only ice it when desired. I haven't checked what the stock one does - wonder if there is water in it.:shrug:

I dont think you need to put ice in it. its only replacing the factory unit with a bigger one. since there is more coolant, it wont get as hot. and yes there is water in it. its a mix of water and antifreeze, since its a liquid to air intercooler.

Users who are viewing this thread