VORTECH HELP!!

snakevenum96

Got Boost?
Established Member
Okay here's the story,

I've heard alot of this "cobra upgrade" also known as the "gt upgrade" where vortech will change the impellars in the supercharger to produce more boost. I've been on corral and heard numerous different stories.

I currently have a V1 S-Trim. Others have stated that they have the upgrade done to the SC trim. In 2001 my Supercharger was sent in to vortech and replaced with new seals and bearings due to an oil line blockage which caused the internals to seize.

My question is. If I already have the S-Trim is the impellar upgrade already done to that setup or if not was it possible that Vortech may have done so when they repaired the bearings and such. I'm confused and keep getting 20 different answers.

Basically, if I'm running the S-trim is the upgrade done or do I need to send this thing back and get it upgraded.

Thanks in advance guys

raven69david

Blown & Cammed
Established Member
The S-trim is already upgraded from the SC-trim as the SC-trim is the replacement for the A-trim supercharger. Your S-trim's impellar will remain the same even after you sent it back to Vortech for the upgrade. The only time it would change is if you went from an SC-trim to an S-trim, in which case your impeller would be upgraded to the more curved S-trim impeller. The S-trim's impeller is curved more than the SC-trim, therefore back to your original question, the answer would be "Yes." The upgraded impeller is already present in the S-trim and does not warrant it being changed unless it was damaged and needed to be replaced in which case Vortech would replace it with another S-trim impeller.

S-trim impeller > SC-trim impeller

The SC-trim needs to spin faster to make as much boost as the S-trim at a lower supercharger rpm.

Just my opinion and $0.02 cents worth.

akatherazor4

If you see this tag, Run!
Established Member
Originally posted by raven69david
The S-trim is already upgraded from the SC-trim as the SC-trim is the replacement for the A-trim supercharger. Your S-trim's impellar will remain the same even after you sent it back to Vortech for the upgrade. The only time it would change is if you went from an SC-trim to an S-trim, in which case your impeller would be upgraded to the more curved S-trim impeller. The S-trim's impeller is curved more than the SC-trim, therefore back to your original question, the answer would be "Yes." The upgraded impeller is already present in the S-trim and does not warrant it being changed unless it was damaged and needed to be replaced in which case Vortech would replace it with another S-trim impeller.

S-trim impeller > SC-trim impeller

The SC-trim needs to spin faster to make as much boost as the S-trim at a lower supercharger rpm.

Just my opinion and $0.02 cents worth.

That is correct.:thumbsup: I too have the S-trim on my car (V2 though).

Razor.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread