Vortech install

DAN MCGRAW

I am going to have a vortech s-trim installed in my 97 cobra. I got a price of 600.00 dollars to install it and 600.00 dollars to burn a custom chip for it. Does this sound like a good price, high or low.

Bri'sMystic965

Established Member
I think $600 is pretty reasonable for an install (especially considering the part of the country you live in).

As far as the tune goes, $600 sounds a little high, unless they are providing the chip. When I ordered my Vortech I knew that I was going to have a custom tune, so I asked that the chip be sent out unprogrammed. My dyno tune lasted a total of about an hour, I paid the tuner $125 and the dyno operator $100.

Good luck,
Brian

SVTMUST97

Established Member
Why don't you put the supercharger on yourself and bring the car to NEDT to a custom chip by them. The chip is about $300.00 and all you have to pay for is the dyno runs. You can save some money for something else. My friend went to them and he started with 291 hp and 352 tq and had them burn a custom chip. He walk out with 438hp / 423tq with a Pro- Charger. Here is the place phone # 508-752-5557. and ask for Dean. I hope this will help you alot. Eric 97

DAN MCGRAW

Thanks Eric I work 70hrs a week and do not have the time. I wish i could do it. Sounds like 600.00 is alot to burn a chip.

BlackCobra96

$1200 total is a good price, if you're tuner knows what he's doing. Presumably he's going to regap the plugs, replace the fuel filter, and do all the little things that should be done during this type of install.

Users who are viewing this thread