Vortech Installed..!!!

2012csgt

Established Member
I picked up my car yesterday from BBR and I couldnt be happier. I dropped it off last week to have the Vortech installed and they did a great job. Chris @ BBR tuned it and the car makes a ton of power and revs really smooth. Gotta adapt to a different driving style as it is an automatic and 1st gear is useless. And with all autos, when it spins it shifts. Gotta get a set of 20" DR before the track Wednesday. The car dynod at 631 hp and 487 tq STD smoothing 5. That was with a race tune. Chris also set me up with a street tune as well to run around the streets with. Looking forward to the track Wednesday.

Last edited:

stang8psi

Established Member
two questions. why or what is that zipped tied? and why are the two top ports capped off on the boss manifold?

2012csgt

Established Member
two questions. why or what is that zipped tied? and why are the two top ports capped off on the boss manifold?

The zip ties are just there to hold the foam around the automatic vacuum lines. Top passanger cap is there because that was for the pas PCV but I have it re-routed to a JLT catch can. The top drivers side is capped off because that was for the fuel purge valve which I removed because it is shut off in my tune.

cdog1157

Established Member
I picked up my car yesterday from BBR and I couldnt be happier. I dropped it off last week to have the Vortech installed and they did a great job. Chris @ BBR tuned it and the car makes a ton of power and revs really smooth. Gotta adapt to a different driving style as it is an automatic and 1st gear is useless. And with all autos, when it spins it shifts. Gotta get a set of 20" DR before the track Wednesday. The car dynod at 631 hp and 487 tq STD smoothing 5. That was with a race tune. Chris also set me up with a street tune as well to run around the streets with. Looking forward to the track Wednesday.

If you don't mind answering, what did everything cost all together?

03lowram

Established Member
Very nice set up!! Is this car your daily? I'm also looking to go force induction route for my daily.

2012csgt

Established Member
Very nice set up!! Is this car your daily? I'm also looking to go force induction route for my daily.

Thank You. Yes this is my daily driver, got it last Dec and have about 12k miles on it now.

If you don't mind answering, what did everything cost all together?

You are looking, parts, installed, and dyno tuned, about 6500.

KidMoney

Established Member
That's good power. I'd like to hear how you do at the track. Do you have a converter?

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Sweet install love the black charger. I had a Vortech kit on my Mach 1, she was a little screamer, I'd like to put one on as well.

Jukens

Established Member
Looks great man! Awesome numbers and great price for it all installed and tuned.

2012csgt

Established Member
Did you do any upgraded parts or just the standard vortech kit?

A few upgrades like 80lb injectors, JLT CAI, and such.

Video!!!!!!!!!! Speedo vid of 3rd and 4th gear!!!

I'm working on that..Need to hook up the GOPRO.

Looks great man! Awesome numbers and great price for it all installed and tuned.

Thanks, yeah Chris really hooked me up and spent some time on it tuning it.

Users who are viewing this thread