vortech mondo bypass

marvin54

BOOSTING!!!
Established Member
hey guys recently put my vortech v2 intercooled unit on and for some reason now my mondo bypass valve almost sounds like its clogged usually it makes a very loud whistling noise at low rpm's and now it dosent make the noise unless iam at like 3 or 4 grand... also the boost gauge is reading no boost but the power is till there and when i shift u can hear the air come out of the bypass valve without a problem ... what do u think is the problem?

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
What type of intercooler do you have?? Is it a A/A and a blow thru maf?? It could be that the Mondo is sticking for some reason. I would pull it off and send it to vortech to see whats up.

HawaiiKid

Established Member
Maybe the vacuum line that runs from the intake to the BPV is clogged up, or is coming off at one end? Is yours vented to atmosphere or back into the system?

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
Can you see the valve inside the Mondo? If so hook up a vacuum pump and make it moves when you add vacuum and that it doesn't lose vacuum.

marvin54

BOOSTING!!!
Established Member
Maybe the vacuum line that runs from the intake to the BPV is clogged up, or is coming off at one end? Is yours vented to atmosphere or back into the system?

The bypass i mounted to the left side of the inter cooler u can see in my picture its the giant blue part attached to the inter cooler

Last edited:

marvin54

BOOSTING!!!
Established Member
What type of intercooler do you have?? Is it a A/A and a blow thru maf?? It could be that the Mondo is sticking for some reason. I would pull it off and send it to vortech to see whats up.

not sure if of the brand of the intercooler but it is a blow through setup and its an A/A inter cooler

marvin54

BOOSTING!!!
Established Member
found the problem... was a loose vacuum line that connected with the bypass valve and the boost gauge... thanks for the info guys

Users who are viewing this thread