Vortech Monster Bypass? Sound clips?

Socom688

Cobra > All other cars..
Established Member
My search function isn't working, my computer is messed up so I'm using my phone, so sorry if this is a repost. I am interested about the Vortech monster bypass. I haven't heard one in person, so i don't know how they sound compared to the stock plastic Bosch POS I have on my setup right now. Also, any cons to this valve?

marvin54

BOOSTING!!!
Established Member
I have the mondo bypass on my 99 gt and it whistles pretty damn loud and i love it... definitely a unique sound that turns heads... i have a dyno clip i can post but i dont think youll really be able to here the bypass to well i ll try and get a video up for u so u can hear it!

Socom688

Cobra > All other cars..
Established Member
You guys are probably right. I saw it on a fox body and I probably misunderstood the guy. That sound clip would be great! I appreciate the input guys.:beer:

02blownGT

Established Member
mondo and Big Red procharger are my favorites cant go wrong with either.Sounds like a pissed off jet coming in for a landing.

marvin54

BOOSTING!!!
Established Member
mondo and Big Red procharger are my favorites cant go wrong with either.Sounds like a pissed off jet coming in for a landing.

haha yes it does... the best is when iam driving around town and people look over there shoulders to see what the noise is and they cant figure it out... i wonder if its possible to get a ticket for whistling to loud :lol:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I have one on my aftercooler setup and it sounds awesome, it's even recirculated as well. :D

fst86410

Established Member
I've got one with my f1a set up can't real hear it over the blower. I'll try and post a video.

blumnday99

Established Member
My search function isn't working, my computer is messed up so I'm using my phone, so sorry if this is a repost. I am interested about the Vortech monster bypass. I haven't heard one in person, so i don't know how they sound compared to the stock plastic Bosch POS I have on my setup right now. Also, any cons to this valve?

Here's a couple of mine....vents to the atmosphere.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OQqbrYGO_U"]049 RET Dyno Day 04 30 2011 - YouTube[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0C_BKv1J2s"]Mojave Mile Run No. 2 (04.10.2011).wmv - YouTube[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5RqlX9ixhg"]Vortech Maxflow Racing Blowoff Valve - YouTube[/nomedia]

Last edited:

BADD281

Because Race Car
Established Member
You have a compressor surge like a mofo^^^ The valve fluttering like that is not a good thing.

Last edited:

dwtjr3

Established Member
I have a mondo and it whistles real loud. I vented it to the atmosphere to give it a little more of a whistle. Definitely turns heads before you can even see my car.

Users who are viewing this thread