Vortech + OD crank question!

Chais92

Established Member
Hey guys. I'm looking to up the boost on my v1 s-trim. I know the blower is outdated but I really don't have the money to switch blowers. I'm looking for around 16-17psi with my procharger 3 core intercooler and Anderson powerpipe. The blower already has a 3.12 pulley and makes 10psi. Would you guys try to go with a smaller blower pulley or an overdrive damper? I was thinking a 15% damper which would put my max impeller speed about 6k rpms over what it's rated. Any and all recommendations would be awesome guys! The motor is forged with some head work and blower cams. Thanks!

Brutal Metal

Established Member
You'll get better belt wrap with an overdrive crank damper, if you go smaller than a 2.9 head unit pulley slippage may occur with 6 rib!

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I run a 15% on a 98 Cobra and there was no issue with the water pump, but you do have grind some tap or something.. Like you'd have to with the 10%.. For a V1 S I would go with a 10%.. That blower doesn't produce shit for boost, and most I've seen spun hard is like 14psi out of built motors.

Users who are viewing this thread