Vortech or ATI

snake6026

Established Member
I have 97 Cobra and i am currently in the process of installing a SHM shortblock and having the heads mildly worked. I'm getting ready to order a blower,the question Is which one? Vortech?ATI? I've heard many diffrent things from many diffrent people. What des everyone reccomend? What are the pros and cons to each brand? Thanks!!

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
I've always been partial to Vortech. I've had good service life from them in the past. They are a very good quality unit. However, that being said. I'd suggest a Paxton Novi 2000. Since Vortech and Paxton merged a couple of years back, Paxton's impeller designs and service life have really taken a leap forward. There is a reason SHM and STEEDA both offer the Paxton Novi 2000 as an upgrade over the Vortech S trim. In either case you can't go wrong, Paxton seems to have a better customer support history lately.

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
ATI all the way. They have a standard air-air intercooler, and are self-contained. (no external oil lines) And, no one can touch thier 3 year warranty, either.

Ive seen some pretty good horsepower gains with a procharger!!

-Homer

theinjectedzone

Established Member
I am biased toward vortech only because Ive had mine on for 5 years now with no problems. Both vortech and paxton kits come very complete and are good quality. Kinda depends if you want, or what kind of cooler you want.
thanks

Dave

bouncer18

Established Member
Procharger
i am biased cause i live 5 min away from them

and.. they are easier to install

Bullitt_#1346

Established Member
I have had my Vortech since last June. I have put about 10k miles on the car. I love it. I highly recommend the Vortech for street use and reliability. I have no experience with the ATI, but I have heard a lot of complaints about reliability with prochargers.

kpyzfrwon

Established Member
Bouncer18....I live 1.5 miles from ATI ( Olathe ) and I just ordered my kit. What gages did you utilize...boost pressure...fuel pressure...air/fuel?

Users who are viewing this thread