vortech race bypass bov

svtroush

Established Member
hi guys can u help me out i just got a vortech race bypass bov i have heard good things about them. does anyone have one on there car i would like to see where you mounted it. thanks pics please if u have them if not just tell me thanks again

01yellercobra

Established Member
I have the mini-race on mine. It's mounted in the pipe that's connected to the outlet of the supercharger.

NIL8R

I PROMISE IT WON'T HURT
Established Member
I would also be interested in seeing pictures if you have them. I have the water cooled intercooler as well and there does not seem to be a lot of room to mount a BOV in the pipe work. Does it make a lot of difference having a BOV?

svtroush

Established Member
if it goes in the pipe then why did i get a polished one and they make other colors :shrug:

01yellercobra

Established Member
svtroush said:
if it goes in the pipe then why did i get a polished one and they make other colors :shrug:

Huh? It has a flange that is welded to the pipe and the BP is bolted to the flange.

svtroush

Established Member
i am sorry i tought u meant it goes inside the pipe not to the outside of the pipe sorry

NIL8R

I PROMISE IT WON'T HURT
Established Member
Part throttle surging! What the hell is that. I don't suffer anything like that.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
this is for supercharged applications.

when you let off the throttle, all that air that your just compressed with the supercharger has nowhere to go but back to the blower as it bounces off the now closed throttle body blades. The bypass valve routes this air around the blower, into the tube right before the blower.

If no bypass/bov was installed, the air would hit the blower from the wrong direction and attempt to stall the compressor. This eventualy leads to bearing damage and other nasty stuff.

I had a mini race, but moved up to the procharger valve for the 20 psi im gonna run.

NIL8R

I PROMISE IT WON'T HURT
Established Member
I am blown and I sure as shit don't get that problem. I stall ocasionally when changing down quickly. Is that the likely cause of my stall then?

01yellercobra

Established Member
Your tune is probably the cause of your stall. You don't have a bypass or you don't have surging? If you have the bypass, you shouldn't have the surging.

NIL8R

I PROMISE IT WON'T HURT
Established Member
I don't have a BOV and do not seem to suffer the surging. Is it very noticeable when you have it?

NIL8R

I PROMISE IT WON'T HURT
Established Member
Vortec sq with aftercooler. I asume it's the standard kit, therefore running standard psi. It was on the car when I bought it.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Poke around. I'm pretty sure all the Vortech kits come with the bypass. It might be hidden by the aftercooler.

NIL8R

I PROMISE IT WON'T HURT
Established Member
I emailed Vortech earlier to establish what the kit is but I don't see a BOV in the pipework. I will wait n see what they say. Sorry to hijack the thread svtroush!

01yellercobra

Established Member
NIL8R said:
I emailed Vortech earlier to establish what the kit is but I don't see a BOV in the pipework. I will wait n see what they say. Sorry to hijack the thread svtroush!

Also, look for a black plastic valve. That's what comes stock. The mini race, Mondo, etc., are all upgrades.

Users who are viewing this thread